• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Manager

formerly Libertine
First, I understand completely that those of you who watched it suffered the most. You paid good money and by the sound of things had a great deal of hassle to be there. You also had to take the taunts and chants of the farmer scum as we were losing.

However I feel I suffered with you. Rising at 5-30 in the morning with nothing stronger than a cup of tea to drink to watch it was not fun. What's worse however is that one of the things about being an exile is you mix a lot with fans of other teams. Back home most of my mates were from football so they were Southend United fans. There is some comfort in shared misery. Over here I've got mates who support Cardiff, Bristol City, Stoke City, Rochdale plus of course the obligatory Arsenal, Man U, Spurs, Chelsea, Wet Sham etc (no Col Ewe though thankfully). As we don't get our games shown on TV very often it's a big deal to me, so everyone knew we were on Fox Sports and a few of them watched it live before going to work or when it was replayed later in the day.

Instead of shared misery with fellow Shrimpers I've had to put up with objective comments like - "yes, the pitch was **** but you could have played all night and not scored" - or even worse, sympathy :puke.

All I ask is that we won the one game that's been on TV this season so I could bound into work with a spring in my step and boast about it on the Brisbane Roar forum all day. Instead I started the day on Tuesday like a bear with a sore head and fielding comments from people who might be mates but aren't Southend fans so will NEVER understand what it feels like to lose to THEM :madman:

Instead I started the day on Tuesday like a bear with a sore head and fielding comments from people who might be mates but aren't Southend fans so will NEVER understand what it feels like to lose to THEM :madman:

Sounds a bit like how it was at home for me yesterday, plus had to endure various taunting comments at work and on FB from colleagues/friends/family.

Nobody seems to understand...

Sounds a bit like how it was at home for me yesterday, plus had to endure various taunting comments at work and on FB from colleagues/friends/family.

Nobody seems to understand...

Err .. but i had exactly the same and i was at the match

We all suffer together on this

Err .. but i had exactly the same and i was at the match

We all suffer together on this

Yeah I know, but was just trying to echo the thoughts of our exiled friend from down under!

Lets just say the home & FB issues were not "banter" but a particularly crass and inept grasp of how depressed (not to mention angry) losing to THEM has made me!

Back