• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

An objective Cobblers view

Herts_Cobbler

Over both the games it was quite clear, probably one goal would settle it and that was proven to be the case.

I personally was not satisfied that we set the world alight in any of the games, although we probably caused a little more work for Flahavan, then you caused for Harper.

I do not think it is satisfactory that the game was decided by the judgement of a referee as oppossed to a contender of the goal of the season.

I did not have a clear view of the penalty awarded to you - suffice to say that I understand that Mr Nicolau has suggested some contact, which was exagerrated by him. You cannot hold any malice against him as I am sure we all would do the same!

I did feel it was a penalty for the lunge of Sabin - especially as two earlier fouls were given in his favour outside the box.

However, I personally feel, our manager did not help - he played two luxury players in midfield, and for all his pace, Josh Low does not know how to be decisive.

I am sure you will agree, we did not look like scoring until Sabin came on, and that was Calderwoods fatal error.

However, one of the reasons we did not look too potent was Barrett who is a good defender and footballer e.g. when up for set pieces he did that mazy little run.

In a way, this defeat is less destressing than Mansfield which was daylight robbery - and based on what I have seen, if it did go all the way, you would not bet against Flahavan saving a few pens!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Herts_Cobbler @ May 22 2005,10:24)]I do not think it is satisfactory that the game was decided by the judgement of a referee as oppossed to a contender of the goal of the season.
Perhaps the original referee appointed, who the Cobblers had changed, wouldn't have given it! We'll never know.
tounge.gif

I think Freddy's second 'penalty' would have evened things up whatever happened. Never a clearer penalty in the history of the game. With Sabin not getting his you've got to admit it may be a case of 'cry wolf'.

I was under the impression it was Gray would was "fouled" - again as I am sure you can imagine, I did have the best view of it - one thing I will say he is a bustling, physical player and maybe the ref viewed him as the agressor.

End of the day our manager did not help us with our selection and he failed consistently to address our sides issues.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Herts_Cobbler @ May 22 2005,10:37)]I was under the impression it was Gray would was "fouled" - again as I am sure you can imagine, I did have the best view of it - one thing I will say he is a bustling, physical player and maybe the ref viewed him as the agressor.

End of the day our manager did not help us with our selection and he failed consistently to address our sides issues.
Me and the group I was sitting with couldn't believe Sabin hadn't started the game as he caused us so many problems. Have to say though that "he likes to go down easily" and that may have been the difference for the penalty claim.

Nicolau has struggled to convince Tilson of his value to the side, but yesterday's game may have changed that.

Good luck next year Herts Cobbler.

I thought Nicolau was primarily a left back(!).

Sabin, bless him, is a touch OTT when he goes down - but some of this he because he is rather quick.

Not forgetting the two pens he has won against you in the past.

We are fuming Sabin did not start as until then, we did not have the fear factor in your defence.

I obviously wish you luck in your attempt to end your Cardiff voo-doo - one time will prevent a three in row losing streak - you at the MillStad and the Jolly Green Giants in the play-offs.

My own opinion is failure for Lincoln this season, will be the break up of their team and will see Alexander go to Peterborough.

Lincoln for all their height are a bunch of pansies and their fans complained that we bullied them - I wonder what they will say when they see Mr Bentley.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Herts_Cobbler @ May 22 2005,10:57)]I thought Nicolau was primarily a left back(!).

Lincoln for all their height are a bunch of pansies and their fans complained that we bullied them - I wonder what they will say when they see Mr Bentley.
...or "Gently Bentley" as he's known in these parts.

Regarding Nicky Nic at left back, that's always where the problems been. As a left winger, he can clearly play a bit. As a left-back, he's no Chrissy Powell!!

Back