• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

An Open Letter to RM?

J

The Chameleon
Seen the posts on here, about protests etc.. although i agree with it - i don't know what it would acheive other than to make Martin know again, what our feelings are.

How about an open letter - to him, directly - from the fans of SUFC?

Publish it in the echo... send to BBC Essex etc etc.... somehing we could compile and all agree on here?

However, i think it should be a letter asking him to resign and step aside for whatever comes our way. Because, as a club i think we will be much stronger without him, and if we go down - admin / winding up etc... i don't want him to be with us when it happens, as he may come out some kind of Martyr....

Seen the posts on here, about protests etc.. although i agree with it - i don't know what it would acheive other than to make Martin know again, what our feelings are.

Publish it in the echo... send to BBC Essex etc etc.... somehing we could compile and all agree on here?

However, i think it should be a letter asking him to resign and step aside for whatever comes our way. Because, as a club i think we will be much stronger without him, and if we go down - admin / winding up etc... i don't want him to be with us when it happens, as he may come out some kind of Martyr....

No matter how bad things are, getting rid of him without some kind of plan for what happens next would be suicide. If you've got that plan then I, and I suspect most, would be keen to hear it.

No matter how bad things are, getting rid of him without some kind of plan for what happens next would be suicide. If you've got that plan then I, and I suspect most, would be keen to hear it.

I haven't, and i never professed to have one.. however - anything's better than this situation.

Listening to AB and speaking to the players, he isn't wanted. They no longer wish to work for their employer. What other option is there? I don't know.. i just know that the abyss looks much more attractive than this mug.

I want him to sort this mess out, I dont want him out. Yet.

For me he has until July, if we are still in trouble and theres no work on the ground its then Id consider it.

I wish there was a way where we aren't dependant on Ron Martin as I just don't believe that he has the means to see us through to the new stadium. This season has been an absolute shambles from start to finish with Ron and the club living from hand to mouth staving off one crisis after another. Unfortunately there is only one man who can properly be allocated the blame for the dire financial state we are in at the moment, but he also happens to be the guy that owns the club, and the one to whose future we seem to be intrinsically linked. It is for that reason that I believe he'll do everything he can to keep us afloat but I'm seriously doubting he has the wherewithal to do so.

If anyone has any alternatives, I'd like to hear it but I'm now left hoping he can pull yet another rat out of the hat just to keep us going. He's ****ed up our season and there's no doubt that he has overstretched himself but the "consortium" are particularly conspicuous by their absence right now!

For me he has until July, if we are still in trouble and theres no work on the ground its then Id consider it.

But by July - these are possibilities :

Relegation
Admin
Winding Up
Tilly Gone
Players gone

- and who's fault? That's Right... RM

Ok, so you write your open letter and Ron agrees to step down. What do you propose happens next ? He will then push for the back rent that we owe him, and he probably owns the planning permission and land to FF that we will have to buy off him. Where is this money going to come from ? The consortium have been very conspicuous by their absence and will need to pump in a LOT of money if they truly are serious about investing and who knows after they have done their due dilligence they may still pull out. Then it would be up to you and me the trust and everybody else to empty their piggy banks and i know mine is practically empty, the trusts is also running low after 'lending' the club £60k i just hope that you have quite a bit saved up as it will take the best part of £5 million to see us back on the straight and narrow by my estimates and then we have to find capital to keep the club running week to week. Unfotunately, the best thing at the moment is for us to stick with Ron.

Why would Ron Martin stand down?

He stands to make a fortune if he pulls the stadium off, he is the major shareholder and it he can be believed his finances are linked with the clubs.

Whilst I have had as much as I can take at the moment of Ron he is very much the only option we have.

Why would Ron Martin stand down?

He stands to make a fortune if he pulls the stadium off, he is the major shareholder and it he can be believed his finances are linked with the clubs.

Whilst I have had as much as I can take at the moment of Ron he is very much the only option we have.

He stands to make fortune even if he doesn't pull the stadium off. The land isn't held by Southend United, so if the SUFC Company goes bust, he still owns the land and is free, subject to planning, to build anything he likes on it.

It may well be that Southend United FC are just the lever to get the land in the first place.

He stands to make fortune even if he doesn't pull the stadium off. The land isn't held by Southend United, so if the SUFC Company goes bust, he still owns the land and is free, subject to planning, to build anything he likes on it.

It may well be that Southend United FC are just the lever to get the land in the first place.

Surely though if RM allowed the club to go bust the council are hardly going to be too willing to give him planning permission are they?

Until July?????

Jam Man - I thought you were just a little deluded - you're actually blind.

In case you haven't heard there is a winding up petition being heard in a few days

If you give him until July, you might as well give him until 2030 as far as I am concerned - timeline will be fairly irrelevant with no club.

Surely we can't expect RM to resign/Step aside until we have someone to replace him. If RM were to resign today as you propose, who would we have to go to court to fight the winding-up order, who's money would we use to try and save us?

Back