• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

An open letter to the bosses of ITV

Uncle Leo

This cook is an anti-semite
Dear Sirs,

now THAT was a proper Saturday night of tv. Instead of the usual bilge you serve up we had a fantastic game of football followed by a thrilling boxing bout. The first time ever that I have watched your channel for four hours without changing the channel. More of this, less of your usual gubbins please.

Yours etc

Happy sports fan from Uxbridge.

Dear Sirs,

now THAT was a proper Saturday night of tv. Instead of the usual bilge you serve up we had a fantastic game of football followed by a thrilling boxing bout. The first time ever that I have watched your channel for four hours without changing the channel. More of this, less of your usual gubbins please.

Yours etc

Happy sports fan from Uxbridge.

Firstly, i agree, a Great Evening of Sport.
Secondly, Ant and Dec nowhere to be seen!!!

What joy!

LOL! Makes a change I had recently written them a snotty letter after they blurted out the result of qualifying for the GP during the football and I had Sky+'ed it. ****ed me right off.

You see I did enjoy sitting down with a nice glass of red next to the wife whilst she watched her choice on Saturday evening which happened to be ITV's latest import from the US - Pushing Daisies, which I felt was also a good show although I cannot quite put my finger on it. :unsure:

189wa3.jpg

Agreed. Cracking evenings entertainment, was just looking forward to the footie and didnt know about the Khan fight - that proved to be the icing on the cake after the great footie match earlier. Nice one!!

Would've been brilliant if they had proper commentators.

Boxing or the football? Or both? In terms of the boxing I think John Rawling is top drawer and Jim Beglin is probably my favourite co-commentator for football.

I don't think we really need to discuss the merits (or lack thereof) of Andy Townsend though...

Boxing or the football? Or both? In terms of the boxing I think John Rawling is top drawer and Jim Beglin is probably my favourite co-commentator for football.

I don't think we really need to discuss the merits (or lack thereof) of Andy Townsend though...

I think when Jim Beglin referred to himself as a World Class defender last night did kind of cross the line, but do agree he is the best of a bad bunch over at ITV... Andy Townsend has robbed a living the past few years.

I think when Jim Beglin referred to himself as a World Class defender last night did kind of cross the line, but do agree he is the best of a bad bunch over at ITV

Didn't hear that. BIG line crossed there....

And Jim Rosenthal has always creeped me out

countvoncount.jpg

I like john rawling but got spoilt when watching boxing whilst growing up as the legend that is Reg Gutteridge used to rule the show.

C C Csiders said:
Interesting fact (or not depending on your viewpoint) that Reg Gutteridge only had one leg (or has if he's still breathing).
He lost one in the war, and had a wooden (or prosethic) one. By all accounts his party-piece was to sink a sword into it. He did it to Ali once, Ali nearly fainted :)

Was great, and didnt have to text in to vote which pundit to get rid of at half time though that might be a nice idea.

Back