• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpers Trust News An Open Letter to the Leadership, Executive, Councillors and MPs of Southend-on-Sea regarding the Future of Southend United Football Club.

As it happens I will be delighted when he finally goes, but I'm sure he will be sad. Whether he's been good or crap (in my opinion, the latter) is irrelevant to him as I'm sure he's always tried to do his best. The issue is his best hasn't been anywhere near good enough.

I was pretty obvious to me that he was quite emotional, not to mention tired, during the press conference.
I think he'll be relieved.

It will be a sad day when Ron sells the club.

Well come on someone had to say it!

Reactions: GNH
Have everyone seen Fossett Park (boot & lace) opposite to new training ground, all dugs up, look like they are preparing for the new stadium and car park etc.

Probably explain why he want to sell up to new owner.

The letter is a nice idea but the council can't tell Ron what to do with the new stadium once it's finished anymore than you or I can.

If the new owner wants to buy it they will, If they want to lease they will. As for keep quoting the white paper it hasn't been approved yet and by the time it does it will be a watered down version to please the premiere league.

The letter is a nice idea but the council can't tell Ron what to do with the new stadium once it's finished anymore than you or I can.

If the new owner wants to buy it they will, If they want to lease they will. As for keep quoting the white paper it hasn't been approved yet and by the time it does it will be a watered down version to please the premiere league.

The white paper doesn't even explain how clubs will regain their stadiums either.

The white paper probably wouldn't have even force Ron out of ownership until 2 months ago for late payment of wages...

As it happens I will be delighted when he finally goes, but I'm sure he will be sad. Whether he's been good or crap (in my opinion, the latter) is irrelevant to him as I'm sure he's always tried to do his best. The issue is his best hasn't been anywhere near good enough.

It was pretty obvious to me that he was quite emotional, not to mention tired, during the press conference.
Looked a broken man to me…..the cockiness wasn’t there and looked tired and weary to me!

Why don't the shrimpertrust just stay quite for once! Ron's selling the club,he's said he will sell the new ground as part of the package! Just let the agency dealing with the sale do they're job! The shrimpertrust is outdated and causes more problems then solves.
Biggest troll on the zone award goes to you. I don’t think we have many more candidates on your level. Why don’t you start “The Shrimpet Trust” and do your own thing if your that against the trust? You’re acting like a proper Timmy Mallet on a regular basis.

I would never wish ill health on anyone ,no matter i like them or not , its not nice. There comes a time in evryones life when enough is enough and you just want peace in your life ,your time will comeif it hasnt already then you might understand wishing ill health on a person is not good .

Biggest troll on the zone award goes to you. I don’t think we have many more candidates on your level. Why don’t you start “The Shrimpet Trust” and do your own thing if your that against the trust? You’re acting like a proper Timmy Mallet on a regular basis.
Wrong! I want what's best for the club! Just let ron sell the club and the agency do there job! No need for the shrimpertrust to get involved.Nothing happens anyway!

Was never going to happen, they couldn't tell anyone you can have planning permission but only if you give what you are building away.

To be fair to Ron he did say during his announcement last Friday he isn't looking to own the new stadium long term and is prepared to sell the stadium to the new owners. If the new owners end up owning the stadium then that's fine with me.

To be fair to Ron he did say during his announcement last Friday he isn't looking to own the new stadium long term and is prepared to sell the stadium to the new owners. If the new owners end up owning the stadium then that's fine with me.
Indeed, no idea why the Echo reporter says he hopes to continue to own the stadium when he literally said the opposite would be ideal.

Not looking too good for our hopes of stadium ownership being returned to the club as a condition of the planning application.

Rubbish! Money talks! If the new ownership want the stadium they will pay! Can't stand negative threads! Its so obvious the new owners by the club with a stadium.

Given that the club loses £1.5m a year, then whoever buys it has a strong hand for the stadium at a discount price. It’s all about the negotiation. Ron will make his pot of gold from the flats, so we just have to hope that he’s not greedy.

Back