• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Griff

Schoolboy
Firstly, I thought 2-2 was a fair scoreline. You clearly had the better of the 1st half, we had the better of the 2nd. Turning point was Revells missed header IMO - if that goes in, its game over.

Cant really comment on the penalty as I was at the other end in the North Stand, but to be fair the ref was very well placed. I actually thought the ref did well today, however he did miss a shocking tackle by Paul Terry on Revell, which should have been a straight red.

I know we were quiet, most home fans are, but I was surprised at the lack of noise coming from the Southend fans, given the fact that the acoustics in the East Stand are probably the best in the ground.

As expected, your midfield were impressive and Clarke/Barrett were there usual reliable selfs. Thought Flahavan was poor today though.

Barnard hasnt changed IMO and it wont be long before he is plying his trade in the Conference and Revell didnt impress me either.

I dont think either team are good enough to go up, but Southends squad depth could squeeze them into the play-offs.

Finally, Clarkes goal was the most spawniest effort I have seen all season. It took a massive deflection on its way in.

Best wishes for the remainder of the season.

I know that all teams hate their rivals but Orient are really scum fans, living in a scummy town, playing in a scummy stadium with scummy players. Absolute thugs

I know that all teams hate their rivals but Orient are really scum fans, living in a scummy town, playing in a scummy stadium with scummy players. Absolute thugs

I will just add some reasons -

* Scum fans (smashing our coach up)
* Scummy town ( i have never seen such a grotty town centre)
* Scommy stadium (What is their main stand all about, its heinous)
* Scummy Players (Thornton, terry)

Ok?

Don't disagree with that apart from

I know we were quiet, most home fans are, but I was surprised at the lack of noise coming from the Southend fans, given the fact that the acoustics in the East Stand are probably the best in the ground.

Barnard hasnt changed IMO and it wont be long before he is plying his trade in the Conference

Get a hearing aid mate, we were almost 1/3 of your crowd today and were very loud from where I was sitting.

Barnard will do well for us. Maybe his heart wasnt in it at Orient, but who can blame him playing in front of that small library.

Did I hear a chant from the East End ******* aimed at the Southend fans of "You all support West Ham" or was that their 'I'm a proper cockerney accent' and they were really chanting "Orient fans are just a cunch of bunts".

No, poor attempt.

We're ****, we know that, and so are you. You are not Brazil like a few of your fans seem to think.

Reasons why it might have been refreshing to score a last gasp equaliser against you....

a) You haven't beaten us in donkey's years. You were that close, but the wait goes on.
b) Recent performances have been very, very poor
c) We had a depleted side out there today. Be thankful that Thornton and Chambers were not present.
d) You're not massive. We're bigger than you.

What a prat!!

Of course we were fortunate to score with the final attack, but the stats certainly confirm the fact that we deserved a point, at the very least.

Of course we were fortunate to score with the final attack, but the stats certainly confirm the fact that we deserved a point, at the very least.

Lies, damned lies and statistics. Look it up Griff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back