• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lord Griff

Schoolboy
considering we had 4 players starting tonight, who had never started a 1st team game before, I was proud of the way we played.

First half was even stevens. Your first goal was a well taken effort, very similar to your opening goal against Walsall. Our equaliser was a nice breakaway but Mildenhall looked slightly out of position.

All in all, I thought 2 each was a fair scoreline for the 1st half and good value for the 10 squid admission.

2nd half I thought you would step up a gear but we nicked in front with a well taken effort. However, I thought Mildenhall could have claimed the cross for starters and secondly, not one defender closed Melligan down before his shot.

And then that was it. A few cross shots and tame long range efforts. Boyds pen was a tad fortunate as it looked like he kicked the defender, rather than the other way around. Still, I'm not complaining !!!

I think Barrett playing left back done us a turn and I wasnt sure on the chap playing alongside Clark. I also thought Francis was average at best (the guy he was up against is a terrible player IMO)

Sawyer took his goals well, but both wide players for you did next to nothing. And Barnard and Walker, IMO, worked hard but never looked dangerous at all.

All in all, a fair result BUT you only have 3 weeks or so to exact revenge, and I know what game I would rather have won....

It looked from the South that we got away with a handball in the box by Barrett. Did we?

No handball from where I was sitting. I dont think we even claimed it did we?

The freekick that lead to the pen was never a free kick or a yellow card

I thought Barrett handled as well, which wasn't given and I didn't think the pen that WAS given should have been. On the whole though, I agree with that summary, and I kep saying to those I was with that Barrett should've been keeping a closer eye on Melligan, annoying little git. Looks like Jonny Stokes must be right about Thornton as well.

All in all, I thought 2 each was a fair scoreline for the 1st half and good value for the 10 squid admission.

2nd half I thought you would step up a gear but we nicked in front with a well taken effort. However, I thought Mildenhall could have claimed the cross for starters and secondly, not one defender closed Melligan down before his shot.

Why would a keeper claim a ball when there are two defenders covering one smaller forward ? The guy should not have been allowed to touch the ball let alone produce a quality header to beat the keeper. Poor poor defending in my opinion.

You must have bloody good eyes to spot all that from the other end of the ground.

The third goal, to which I am referring, was scored infront of the Orient fans.

A very fair and balanced view Lord Griff. Thats exactly how I saw it too.
For me, the biggest concern is at the back. I think Barney and any of the others are going to produce goals. Central midfield will improve when Macca is back and Sawyer looked a real talent. Once Scannell is fully fit, and Betsy settles in more, I'm not too concerned about midfield albeit weaker than last year.
The dedence - what can I say? Barrett is a tremendous player, but will often venture up front (effectively it must be said) but it leaves a huge hole at the back which the rest cannot deal with. Clarke can show some class at times, but also drops a few clangers. I don't think Mildy is as bad as some suggest, but hes a way off both Flavs and Collis.
Daryl may be lacking in height, but more than made up for it with agility and reaction saves. Still think hes one of the best in the football league.
Tilly will get it right; we've still got a good bunch here and it will improve I'm sure. Gulp!

Back