• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane An XI of non-European players

Napster

No ⭐
Not including players like Tes Bramble etc who were born in the UK or any other European country (e.g. Bilel) but claimed a different nationality to play for another country, what's the best team we can put out?

My team so far:

John Roberts
Elvis Bwomono
Andy Harris
Mike Lapper
JP Kalala
Eric Descombes
Mark Milligan
Noor Husin
Marc-Antoine Fortune
Eddie Firmani
Britt Assombalonga

Not including players like Tes Bramble etc who were born in the UK or any other European country (e.g. Bilel) but claimed a different nationality to play for another country, what's the best team we can put out?

My team so far:

John Roberts
Elvis Bwomono
Andy Harris
Mike Lapper
JP Kalala
Eric Descombes
Mark Milligan
Noor Husin
Marc-Antoine Fortune
Eddie Firmani
Britt Assombalonga
When did Eric Descombes play for us?

Ronnie Whelan
?

I was struggling at this point!

Who was he?

Does Guadeloupe count as European for this exercise? If not Miguel Commingues.

Bud Houghton was born in India.

Simeon Akinola was born in Nigeria.

Renei Batlowka was born in and played for Botswana.

Roger Nzamba of @NZamba Legend fame was from Gabon.

Micky Welsh was Bajan.

I think we’ve had a few more Australians besides Federici and Milligan. Adem Poric was apparently born in the UK. Who was the on loan Aussie centre-half? Think it was from W*** H** or Ipswich.

Roger Nzamba of @NZamba Legend fame was from Gabon.

Micky Welsh was Bajan.

I think we’ve had a few more Australians besides Federici and Milligan. Adem Poric was apparently born in the UK. Who was the on loan Aussie centre-half? Think it was from W*** H** or Ipswich.
Chris Coyne?

Federici in goal instead of Roberts, purely for his kicking?
Always thought that John Roberts was a unsung hero in the 1971/72 promotion team . Arthur Rowley bought John in the season before to take over from the usless Brian Lloyd 'served Arthur right for letting Trevor Roberts go to Cambridge' and more or less solved the problem straight away .

Last edited:
Back