• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question "...and Macca takes a tumble"

If we could gaurentee that no one would ever dive against us then no, i wouldnt applaud a goal we were awarded due to a player diving. However, its all the dodgy decisions that go against us that makes it so sweet when we do get a soft decision go our way.

Two of the finest dives committed have been against Argentina in the World Cups of '98 & '02. Step forward (and fall over in the box) please, Michael Owen :clap:

See, the 2002 one to me wasn't a dive. It was borderline but he basically drew the challenge from the defender and then ran over the guy's leg. It's a foul and it's a penalty.

Oh come on, the worst diver in our team is Anthony Grant! I know Macca does pull the odd one (cough*Ricketts*cough) but Grant is far worse!

Can't agree with that. Grant draws the odd challenge but McCormack has blatantly dived in the box in both of the home matches this season, and he did it a lot last year too.

See, the 2002 one to me wasn't a dive. It was borderline but he basically drew the challenge from the defender and then ran over the guy's leg. It's a foul and it's a penalty.

I actually agree with you. To my mind that was very similar to a tap tackle in rugby. When you're running full speed it only takes a tiny touch to make you lose your balance, which in my opinion is what happened here.

In my opinion there was no difference between the McCormack incident and Nicolau's from the play offs except the execution. McCormack allowed himself to fall over the player's leg against Huddersfield - there was contact - but it was obvious that Macca had changed his angle of running to trip over. The fact there was contact - possibly accidental in the ref's mind - saved him from a booking. But I said at the time it was definitely not a peno.

Nicolau looked a stone waller when you saw it but not a lot was different other than he had drawn the man and then gone over looking much more convincing. I actually thought the penalty shout 5 minutes later in that game was more a penalty.

Nicolau looked a stone waller when you saw it but not a lot was different other than he had drawn the man and then gone over looking much more convincing. I actually thought the penalty shout 5 minutes later in that game was more a penalty.

We're talking about the same thing here - players who know what they're doing. Don't get me wrong, I was delighted with both decisions. The defenders have been suckered into it, can't get their leg out of the way in time and the forward uses it as a launching pad...part of the repertoire of skills referred to earlier.

And what about Barnie tonight? Hard to tell from where I sit but it looked soft to me. Plus it looked like Scannell went down easily in the first half.

Is this a new tactic?

Back