• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

A positive view.

Oxley - Calamity
Demetriou - International duty Ferdinand - not match fit Inniss - injury prone Coker - lacking confidence
Timlin - Injured Lenny - lacking confidence Wordsworth - injured McLaughlin - injury prone
Ranger - injured Cox

And now a negative spin. :winking:

A positive view.

Oxley
Demetriou Ferdinand Inniss Coker
Timlin Lenny Wordsworth McLaughlin
Ranger Cox

Timlin on the right side of midfield? Not sure that will work. Brown kept doing that last season, playing one winger and it didn't work at all.

The Ferdinand Inniss partnership might end up being exactly what we need.

One things is for sure, we need to get Wordsworth and Ranger fit asap.

That's a decent side on paper , we will no doubt lose to Bolton but i don;t see the doom and gloom

We have a mixture of a couple of young players with some added Premier League experience in Cox, Ferdinand and Ranger

If someone had told me we would have potentially 3 ex prem players in our starting 11 i would of bit your hand off

I believe now Brown has 'his' team and the fact he does have a 'high profile' reputation which enables him to get these players to join us means he should be judged until Christmas IMO

Timlin on the right side of midfield? Not sure that will work. Brown kept doing that last season, playing one winger and it didn't work at all.

The Ferdinand Inniss partnership might end up being exactly what we need.

One things is for sure, we need to get Wordsworth and Ranger fit asap.

Timlin and Lenny could play behind Wordsworth and McLaughlin. So Timlin can move in a bit.

That's a decent side on paper , we will no doubt lose to Bolton but i don;t see the doom and gloom

We have a mixture of a couple of young players with some added Premier League experience in Cox, Ferdinand and Ranger

If someone had told me we would have potentially 3 ex prem players in our starting 11 i would of bit your hand off

I believe now Brown has 'his' team and the fact he does have a 'high profile' reputation which enables him to get these players to join us means he should be judged until Christmas IMO
Losing to Bolton is expected as they are big hitters this year , its if we put in a decent performance is my biggest question , do that and we will be fine

Still prefer the idea of 3 centre bags allowing Demetriou and Coker to get forward as Wing Backs.
Oxley
Demetriou Thompson Ferdinand Inniss Coker
Leonard Timlin Wordsworth
Ranger Cox

Back up of
Smith
White Sokilik Barrett Krypto
Mclaughlin Shaw Atkinson Bridge Mcgl.
Mooney Robinson

Looks a strong squad to me.

I agree with you on Oxley. Obviously I am looking on the positive in that the starting line up will all be available and fit.

I'm hoping after his checkawhatever trophy performance maybe Smith might start on sat. Much prefer him to be given a go than Oxley.

It's a big game to be putting Smith in for though. He could play well and still concede three at Bolton which puts him on the back-foot straight away. I'd be inclined to stick with Oxley this week and ease Smith in afterwards.

I can't imagine dropping Oxley would do much for his confidence either, a bit of reassurance and knowing he's got the gig for a run of games might help him while at the same time knowing that Smith is knocking at the door will keep him on his toes.

It's a big game to be putting Smith in for though. He could play well and still concede three at Bolton which puts him on the back-foot straight away. I'd be inclined to stick with Oxley this week and ease Smith in afterwards.

Yep, tough on Ted, but I'd agree.

Oxley might also benefit from the 3 CB's system and a tighter midfield in front of him.

That said, Ted and Kyps* should be used in the two EFL Trophy games coming up and then, if all still looks good, be eased into the side this season.

*Have we nicknamed him yet?

Still prefer the idea of 3 centre bags allowing Demetriou and Coker to get forward as Wing Backs.
Oxley
Ranger Cox

Back up of
Smith
Mooney Robinson

Wouldn't be surprised to see us starting up like this when Tims and Woody are fit. Who's Shaw?

Losing to Bolton is expected as they are big hitters this year , its if we put in a decent performance is my biggest question , do that and we will be fine

Bolton wont be able to handle our 6 over lapping right backs + they definitely wont get past our solid wall of 5 centre backs.

Nailed on 0-0

Oxley
Ranger Cox

Back up of
Smith
Mooney Robinson

I agree on 5-3-2 think that suits us

Just one thing, who is Shaw? did I miss something?

Back