• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
All,

You may have noticed I haven't been round much these last few weeks. The truth is, now I've moved to Kent and virtually settled down (eek), I don't get involved in all the other SUFC stuff now - I've quit the Trust committee (although their aims are the same as mine) and now, reluctantly, I'm leaving my responsibilities at Shrimperzone. I'm enjoying just being a fan for once, believe it or not.

I remember first coming on here ooh back in 2002. I posted a lot in those days. Leeboy, for it was he, was after some VHS tapes I had. I said I'd meet him in the Spread that Saturday at 12. Mike, being at that time a semi-regular at the Spread, suggested I get there at 11. That rather drunken day/night is still embedded on my mind. Those were the days, even though the club was rubbish, everyone had a good time following SUFC home and away. I especially remember a good number of us going to Dag & Red away and of course Macclesfield, even though Scriv will still maintain he wasn't drunk.

And then, we grew in size, the hardy band of SUFC fans. SZ also grew, and soon FM13 was made to eat his words in a Overs Unders match which the overs won. ShrimperzoneFC was born, and although it took a few years, theyve started to win. I was proud to be part of that.

I was also proud to be part of the Trust committee. I started the columns in the Echo and the Southend Times, organised an auction for live commentary for BBC Essex
and I've been on radio far too often. (The best being on BBC Wales before our 2nd LDV Cup Final).

I've met most of my Southend heroes- Stan, Chrissy Powell, Dave Crown. I've talked to other greats, Derek Spence, Alan Moody, Ian Benjamin and Andy Ansah. No-one can take away what I've achieved over the last few years, and it's all down to Shrimperzone. Through this website, I've made dozens of good friends, I've been on the Trust committee and I've been in the media.

Cheers for all your support. Please support the new blood whoever that may be- I'll still post occasionally, and yes, I'll still be asking questions regarding FF.

ps Up the Shrimpers and see you Saturday!

smile.gif

we do try, even with the occasional flak and abuse!

Cheers Naps
smile.gif

The Past - Mike and Scriv

The Present - Lee and Paul

The Future - Lee and.............?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Nov. 17 2005,20:52)]Through this website, I've made dozens of good friends
Never a truer word spoken !

This place has been fantastic for me and I'm sure plenty of others. Not just because of SZFC and the great times we have off the field and (finally) on the field, but because occassionally I get to put names to other faces on here (hopefully some more to come on Saturday !). Occassionally some of the names I'll actually match up to the right faces.
laugh.gif

I'll bet some of the duties you've relinquised you haven't done so easily.

I shall particularly miss your prolific and memorable goalscoring exploits, sometimes in the right end !

Best of luck in Kent, I know you'll be here regularly enough and I know we'll see you either at footie or SZFC games from time to time. I still look forward to seeing you dip into your pocket and buying me a sherry though.

laugh.gif

(cue the last post)

You've done a great job with the site naps, lets hope someone can pick up where you left off.

On the plus side at least that dodgy photo on the home page can be taken down now
laugh.gif

Stats

Cheers Naps. Despite the rumours that you've never knowingly bought anyone a pint, it has to be said that you're not only a top bloke, but that this has become under your & Leeboy's stewardship the best Southend fans' site on the web. Indeed, one wonders if there are many better fans' sites of any club anywhere on the internet.

Thanks for all your efforts - and even though you're now joining the ranks of us Exiles, don't be a stranger... you're still an integral part of this site and the wider family of SUFC fans.

Cheers mate.

biggrin.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Nov. 17 2005,20:52)]and of course Macclesfield, even though Scriv will still maintain he wasn't drunk.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

He was absofugginlutely leathered... he was leglessness personified, inebriety made flesh...

What a sight that was.

"You are my Southend..." Ah, happy days (thanks for starting that one, Mike - and gutted not to be seeing you on the weekend of 3/4 Dec - I'll be in Scotland).

Matt

I'd like to echo a lot of what has been said, thanks for your work on this site and don't become a stranger around here now!

Good luck mate in Kent and with the missus. Your a top bloke and hope everything works out well
smile.gif

Hey, good luck Naps. I shall remember meeting you and Mike at that LDV game a few years back fondly
blues.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

Thanks for the hard work on here.

Adrian C

Best of luck Naps, well done for helping make SZ a great site and board and indeed the No1 Southend site. Oh and your duties with the trust.

cool.gif

Back