• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

And they said capital punishment in schools was a thing of the past

Used to have a teacher that threw the (chalk) board rubber at you if you talked in class. Never did me any harm :dim:

*reaches for the 'phone to ring my sister in Mansfield for the low-down on these amazing events and how the local community are coping*

..back soon.

*reaches for the 'phone to ring my sister in Mansfield for the low-down on these amazing events and how the local community are coping*

..back soon.

Well, the news has just broke up there but there is definetly a shocked feeling as this is a strict Catholic school not the usual comp with the many, many chavs that accompany that type of school.
The feeling is of maybe there is a link to a murder that occured some days earlier up there.

I don't blame the teacher (to an extent).

Honestly, until you have to deal with the most annoying kids in the world you don't know. Some of them are literally asking for it, they just push you to the edge.

Self control only goes so far, that guy probably bottled it up for a good 20 years.

I'm not saying what he did is fine, but I understand where he's coming from.

I think I know what happened...science and performing arts don't mix. He must have been conducting an experiment that went wildly wrong and he hammed it up a mite too much. Just a theory...

according to the paper , he had a row with a girl pupil, a lad intervened and swore at him and he picked up a wieght from a set of scales and threw it at him.
He then picked up the weight and beat the kid with it.

according to the paper , he had a row with a girl pupil, a lad intervened and swore at him and he picked up a wieght from a set of scales and threw it at him.
He then picked up the weight and beat the kid with it.

It's all very well beating a small child with a heavy metal weight, but where's the lasting damage?

If this teacher had thought about it, he could have locked the scrote in a cupboard until he'd pee'd himself, then paraded him in front of the entire school...

Beat him with some metal after that.

This way, the kid will be scarred for life both mentally and physically.

Kind Regards

He looks like a right little scrote:

_46036364_jack_waterhouse.jpg

Fair play to Mr Harvey in my opinion.

What school was that, we had one like that at mine.

Nowhere near Southend (well about 25 miles I suppose). Chase Cross Comprehensive in Romford. Have a nagging feeling his name was Mr. Rose, though I could be wrong.

Our history teacher Ms Pryke however is now a (very) minor celeb having changed career to floristry and does fancy shows for stars and royals and has been on telly a bit.

paula2.jpg

Couldn't teach a classroom of hormonal teenagers though. If she threw a board rubber around it may have been a different story....

I'm not sure if the full story will ever come out.... big questions will no doubt be asked of the school though.

Teaching is one of the most stressful jobs going, I have high blood pressure and it is totally to do with the job AND I don't feel stressed most of the time! I'm not going to start a sob story beacuse I love my job and actually wouldn't change that much about it.

Trouble is, nowadays what can teachers or even the school do with unruley pupils?

I'm not going to defend the teacher, because WHATEVER a student does or says you cannot lay a finger on them. YOU are the adult, the responsible one. That can be incredibly hard, and at times there is nothing more you want to do than give a child a proper slap - it would probablly also do them good because if they speak/act in that way in the real world it is exactly what will happen!

However, who knows what has happened in the career of this teacher, maybe he has gone through years of torment in the classroom? The questions here would be, did the school know? What support had they offered? Or did they do the easy thing and just let it go on?

Equally maybe there were issues in his home life... illness, death, divorce? It's very hard to leave these at the door. I remember apologising to a class for having to leave them at the very last mintue because I got a call to say my nan had hours to live. I didn't tell them why I had to leave so hurridly, but one kid said "Why did someone die? Haha". He was a littel sh*tbag and I would have loved to smack him one good and proper at that moment.

Hmmm poor bloke...?
Although there is a kid now fighting for his life, a kid who was sent to school in the trust of the teachers to recieve an education.
I think most of us were little sh*ts at school at one time or another. Did this boy just pick the wrong moment with the wrong teacher to make a silly comment?

Teenage kids are *****.. Teachers should begiven special training to administer non lethal kickings.. If there is a bit of 'spillage' so be it..

Teenage kids are *****.. Teachers should begiven special training to administer non lethal kickings.. If there is a bit of 'spillage' so be it..

My earlier post was a bit tongue in cheek but not totally. Having read a more detailed account of what led up to the beat down, and looking at the smug little grin on this piece of excrement's boat, I have to think that I would have at least given him a slap. The teacher was well within his rights to boot the girl's bag, and if this little tit with his poxy Pitsea Parakeet hairdo swore/shouted at him, he's entitled to go medieval on the little punk's candyass. I think hitting him with a four pound weight was a bit much though. Three pounds would have been sufficient.

Story:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...l-Jackson-taunts-classroom-attack-boy-14.html

Back