• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can you name them though?

Left to right I think (with guesses) :- Peter Watson, Lou Costello?, Sandy Anderson, Alex Stenhouse?, ?, Duggie Price?, Peter Corthine?, Looks like Tony Bentley but he didn't sign until May 61!- could be Billy Wall, Alan Dicks?, Peter Goy.

Other possibilities are Arthur Williamson and Ray Whale . Harry Threadgold is missing.

Warwick Davis?

Smith
Oxley
Bedford
White
Coker
Ferdinand
Turner
Demetriou
Kyprianou
Timlin
Leonard
Wordsworth
Bridge
McGlashan
Robinson
Cox
Fortune
Cotton
Batlokwa
Matsuzaka
Hendrie

A fair few whinging on here about the lack of signings, but I don't think that squad looks that weak especially when Ranger is added back in. It's only 6 years since Sturrock took over with nothing like that at his disposal. If one of those kids can come of age, and if we can sprinkle a bit if fairy dust with a (good) loanee, I think we're looking good. What really matters is if PS can find a system that gets the most out of what he has at his disposal.

Smith
Oxley
Bedford
White
Coker
Ferdinand
Turner
Demetriou
Kyprianou
Timlin
Leonard
Wordsworth
Bridge
McGlashan
Robinson
Cox
Fortune
Cotton
Batlokwa
Matsuzaka
Hendrie

So with Ranger, we've got a squad of 22.... I still feel we're short of at least 2.

Could Jack Bridge fill the void in right midfield after the departures of Atkinson and O'Neill? I've not seen enough of him but know he is technically good, and prefers playing central.

A fair few whinging on here about the lack of signings, but I don't think that squad looks that weak especially when Ranger is added back in. It's only 6 years since Sturrock took over with nothing like that at his disposal. If one of those kids can come of age, and if we can sprinkle a bit if fairy dust with a (good) loanee, I think we're looking good. What really matters is if PS can find a system that gets the most out of what he has at his disposal.
only three "ifs'" in there, and hat could possibly go wrong

Will there be a player blog type thing on the OS?

I don't think there has been one since Daniel Bentley offered stuff up. There's no mention anywhere that it will happen. Perhaps the squad could text Nile and he could do a column for them?

I don't think there has been one since Daniel Bentley offered stuff up. There's no mention anywhere that it will happen. Perhaps the squad could text Nile and he could do a column for them?

Blimey. That would be a fun blog :stunned: 'my cellmate Killface has been keeping me up late at night. Phil told me to be good, keep myself to myself and get plenty of rest but to be honest it's somewhat out of my hands :sad:'

I think a PB diary entry while they're away would be good !
Maybe Andy T could suggest it to Phil ??

Back