• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

And we think our "fans" can moan.....

BobCratchitt said:
Some people should look at the league table again, as I believe that Forest are in fact occupying 5th place not 4th as a few correspondents have stated.

Also to the Leeds and Forest fans, you are in this league for a reason. Deal with it nobody has a divine right to the Premiership, it needs to be earnt which IIRC Man City did just that.

Well Said Bob on that 606 piece...This is why I hate Forest so much. They think they have the right to be up there with the big boys in the Premiership, and that the rest of us are mere nobodys. I sat in the spread after Forest a couple weeks ago absolutely gutted we let them back in to get a point...ask Hilary and the John's! But deep down, I want them in the playoffs if we make it: For it would be fantastic to dump those arrogant ***** out for another season in a league they think they're too good for

Thanks that attitude really winds me up, so I felt compelled to respond especially that they are so arrogant they do not even realise they are now 5th.

I really want to get Forest in the Play-Offs where their home advantage will be countered by our's. In fact their home advantage might even be nullified by the pressure that those same fans will put upon them; that's largely what happened against Yeovil last year and the fans haven't changed a bit since then.

... and then Tranmere or Brighton (either having beaten Donny) in the Final at Wembley to secure a place back in the CCC.

>>And not only has an automatic place long gone, but we're now looking over our shoulder at the Southends of this world...<<

Cheeky ****

Same old, big club who expect to be somewhere based on one good decade.

Let's give them the benefit of the doubt :)

Perhaps he meant "we're now looking over our shoulder at the well managed, football playing, financially prudent, soon to get their own excellent stadium, Southends of this world... only to find that they are in fact not over our shoulder but instead in front of us and hoping to pull away"

Perhaps he meant "we're now looking over our shoulder at the well managed, football playing, financially prudent, soon to get their own excellent stadium, Southends of this world... only to find that they are in fact not over our shoulder but instead in front of us and hoping to pull away"

And then again back in the real world.........
We will always be "little" Southend to these blinkered c***s.
How it must annoy them that clubs like Wigan & Reading were in the 4th division when they were Kings of Europe!

And not only has an automatic place long gone, but we're now looking over our shoulder at the Southends of this world...

Cheeky ****

Same old, big club who expect to be somewhere based on one good decade.

Can you see someone in front of you when you look over your shoulder?

And I am sick and tired of 'big clubs' feeling they have a God given right to success because there are more people at their games. Points are given for what happens on that big green bit in the middle, and they need to get used to it.

Can you see someone in front of you when you look over your shoulder?

And I am sick and tired of 'big clubs' feeling they have a God given right to success because there are more people at their games. Points are given for what happens on that big green bit in the middle, and they need to get used to it.

It winds me up as well, but being honest with the season drawing to a close, being above Forest and Leeds is still quite a achievement when you compare the three clubs, and the size of them.

surely a fan of a team with an average gate above 20000 (higher than 4 prem teams) can expect his team to do a bit better. yes a lot forest fans are still stuck in the late 70s but i would argue that the main reason they are still in this league is because of calderwood... they should be back in the CCC by now. i'm actually impressed by how many fans still turn out for them

Why does a high atendence mean you should be doing well? Other than more bums on seats mean more moeny, this in my opinion is a rather silly statement. The pressure at the "big" clubs is stupid, and is why they are doing ****, I include Shef wed in that too

One of the funniest threads I ever read was about Lincoln struggling to beat the drop when the author was enraged that a team always pottering around the bottom of the league (us in this instance) had the cheek to beat mighty promotion pushers Lincoln. He must have just assumed we were in the conference til about 1997.

To be honest, I can completely understand their frustration. Imagine if we dropped to the conference and were playing Forest Green. How many people would write about them respectfully in terms such as "Forest Green are a good side and we're going to struggle against them" or "We can't expect to go to the New Lawn and pick up anything"? Seems unlikely

Why are people so bothered about being called a little club? We are a little club and many of our fans are blinkered in thinking that we are bigger than we are, last season the was a thread in which people voted that we were a bigger club than Fulham!! and the people that swore that we were a bigger club than Barnsley last season. I'm not saying anyone deserves to be anywhere but we have to see that there are big clubs in our division and we are not one of them.

I'm not saying anyone deserves to be anywhere but we have to see that there are big clubs in our division and we are not one of them.

Rubbish, if you took Leeds & Forest out of L1, I bet we would get more respect as being one of the bigger more forward thinking clubs!

New large stadium soon to be delivered
One of the higest home average attendances
Usually very large & vocal away support
Highly respected & sought-after manager & senior pros
Fairly successful at being visible in the community & in encouraging new fans to become interested

Bloody hell they area a moody bunch!! My cousin is a NF fan, and he has been telling me that this is what the fans have been like, but even when they were top before Christmas. He is one with a brain that does not simply blame CC. It does make me chuckle when "big" teams fans get like this though, you cant help but laugh

Rubbish, if you took Leeds & Forest out of L1, I bet we would get more respect as being one of the bigger more forward thinking clubs!

New large stadium soon to be delivered
One of the higest home average attendances
Usually very large & vocal away support
Highly respected & sought-after manager & senior pros
Fairly successful at being visible in the community & in encouraging new fans to become interested

That doesn't make us a big club yet though does it? we have the potential to get bigger but at the moment we are just a good team with potential. I think the biggest clubs without Forrest and Leeds in the league at the moment are us and the Swans.

That doesn't make us a big club yet though does it? we have the potential to get bigger but at the moment we are just a good team with potential. I think the biggest clubs without Forrest and Leeds in the league at the moment are us and the Swans.

All true, but my point is we are relatively a big club in L1 terms!

All true, but my point is we are relatively a big club in L1 terms!
And my original point was that some people think that we are bigger than what we are, 15 people voted that we were bigger than Fulham and last year someone stated that we were bigger than Barnsley!! I'm sure every team has this, its like Col ewe and orient fans thinking they are bigger than us.

And my original point was that some people think that we are bigger than what we are, 15 people voted that we were bigger than Fulham and last year someone stated that we were bigger than Barnsley!! I'm sure every team has this, its like Col ewe and orient fans thinking they are bigger than us.

We are bigger than Barnsley, one cup run does not make a football dynasty. And when Fulham get relegated and the mad Arab pulls the plug we'll be bigger than them too.

We are bigger than Barnsley, one cup run does not make a football dynasty. And when Fulham get relegated and the mad Arab pulls the plug we'll be bigger than them too.
How are we bigger than Barnsley? They've spent time in the Premiership, over 60 years in the second tier. They've won the Fa cup and been runners up. Their stadium is twice the size of ours and will be bigger than our new one. We're a division lower than them too! As for Fulham at the moment thay are a bigger club than us.

Back