• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Andre Blackman

Half way through the first half he was bent over trying to take in air , 30 mins in and blowing

He’s on a rolling monthly contract as we have no cover at left back. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him leave once Kyprianou is back again.

Having said that, I would much rather see Clifford given the chance over Blackman. At least he’ll be fit and be able to get himself back in position after going forward.

He’s on a rolling monthly contract as we have no cover at left back. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him leave once Kyprianou is back again.

Having said that, I would much rather see Clifford given the chance over Blackman. At least he’ll be fit and be able to get himself back in position after going forward.

We just need to do what we did today in the latter part of the game if Ralph isn't fit. Play Bwomono LB and Demi RB. Simples

I bet the lad couldn’t believe it when we actually offered him a deal however short. I think he’d actually struggle to track his own shadow. Totally out of his depth at this level. Fair play to the lad for making it this far, somehow.

There's a reason he's trialled for us twice before and been released. Shame Bond got sucked in on the back of one reasonable performance against Billericay.

Positionally, he's shocking. I expected Demi would come on at LB in the 2nd half, and still feel that might have been better.

It’s not even that he’s so bad positionally, it’s the fact that he doesn’t put any effort into getting back. He just jogs back without a care in the world.

Turns out signing someone who was released by a National League club last year and has never spent more than one season at one club was a bad idea...

Yes, 10 years a professional and he has still to make 100 first team appearances and he is not a goalkeeper. You have to conclude that the managers at his previous clubs hadn't got it wrong.

Soccerbase statistics

Gilbert, really? He wasn't great sure, and on the ball he was pretty crap, but positionally he was head and shoulders over Blackman. We actually got worse defensively after he left, replacing him with Straker!

What is really sad is when you think back over all the really good LBs we had, some on loan, who have gone on to much better things - Charlie Mulgrew, Steve Hammell, Scott Malone, George Friend.....

What is really sad is when you think back over all the really good LBs we had, some on loan, who have gone on to much better things - Charlie Mulgrew, Steve Hammell, Scott Malone, George Friend.....

And let's not forget the best of all, Chris Powell. :Worthy:

Back