• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Andre Blackman

Blackman was poor defensively, but the fact remains that whatever the personnel, and there have been many changes in the first eight or nine games, we are letting in three goals a game no matter who plays. This suggests its systemic rather than individual errors and unless this is addressed urgently, we are going down.
On a wider point, having watched a few premier league games this weekend, the defending has been dreadful eg Arsenal where Maitland Niles did a very passable impersonation of Blackman, and Man City and Everton. And of course the England - Kosovo game recently. Perhaps the art of defending needs more emphasis higher up the foodchain as well.

here go the Roots Hall player destroyers ….

a load of half dead "supporters" beasting a professional footballer to make themselves feel better -

I could so do without their ignorance

Yes, Edmund Ironside, king of England from 23rd April to 30th November 1016, scourge of the Viking invader and, if you believe his publicity, a rather tasty left back toboot.

No thanks, only lasted slightly longer than Bond.

We need a King with proven track record and who can motivate when the odds are against us. For me it has to be Henry V.

Blackman's defensive fragility was even more apparent because second half hutchinson switched sides and was playing in front of him. Hutchinson is out of his depth, so poor defensively and looked knackered throughout the game...

Blackman's defensive fragility was even more apparent because second half hutchinson switched sides and was playing in front of him. Hutchinson is out of his depth, so poor defensively and looked knackered throughout the game...

You need to watch the game pal. Hutchinson was over that side once because Macca took a corner the other side of the pitch and didn’t get to swap back immediately.

Hutchinson didnt defend the 3rd goal well I agree but watch it properly because it travelled from the other side of the pitch across our centre midfield where Hamilton got nowhere near tight enough and allowed him tome to play out to their right midfielder.

Hutchinson went out and closed down only for the fella to play a one/two with the forward who wasn’t marked on the edge of the box. Blackman could’ve recovered but was lazy and let Hutchinson do it and he couldn’t block the cross. Mantom was then ball watching and left his man who had a free header from 6 yards.

I’m all for blaming whoever ****s it up but get it right on who was doing what wrong first.

Btw Hutchinson was **** but he played out of position and still created the only two clear cut goal chances we had and had Humphrys made it 2-0 from his through ball we’d have all called it the pass of the season.....

Ask how we’d all react if Cox was repeatedly made to play Right Mid and double up with Elvis all game......that’s what Hutchinson (who is the closest like for like positionally to Cox that we have) is being asked to do.

Both games where Blackman started he should have been subbed earlier. His fitness was the worst I have ever seen by any player v MK. It wasn't just physical he just couldn't be arsed.

Extra 20/30 minute long sprint (200/300m) sessions would get any young man fit in 10 sessions over 3 weeks. lets not forget he was with us for pre season.

He should have been hauled off 5 minutes before their 3rd goal because he was coasting back and taking the p***. As I said watch him not move off the spot for the whole build up for that goal.

Back