• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Andre Blackman

Both games where Blackman started he should have been subbed earlier. His fitness was the worst I have ever seen by any player v MK. It wasn't just physical he just couldn't be arsed.

Extra 20/30 minute long sprint (200/300m) sessions would get any young man fit in 10 sessions over 3 weeks. lets not forget he was with us for pre season.

He should have been hauled off 5 minutes before their 3rd goal because he was coasting back and taking the p***. As I said watch him not move off the spot for the whole build up for that goal.
LOL he doesn't need sprint sessions yet he needs to rebuild the engine, tons of aerobic work first to get his basic fitness levels up then you work on speed, if he has any, you can't coach speed into a footballer but you can get them to hit their potential. He looks about 60% fit to me.

On the plus side he played very well at Orient albeit against lesser opposition.

I’d wager Andre is in the top 3 for speed in the squad....
I'm not disagreeing with peoples assessment about him on Saturday but he certainly looked a proper player against Orient, positioning was very good, got up and down the wing, something isn't right but let's see if Waddock can turn him around.

LOL he doesn't need sprint sessions yet he needs to rebuild the engine, tons of aerobic work first to get his basic fitness levels up then you work on speed, if he has any, you can't coach speed into a footballer but you can get them to hit their potential. He looks about 60% fit to me.

On the plus side he played very well at Orient albeit against lesser opposition.

I said long sprints of 300m. Or 3 sides of a football pitch with a 1 minute recovery as you walk one short length behind the goal. Takes 20 minutes and is the best and quickest way for results in aerobic and engine building. I did say as an extra but for any park player it would work as a session.

Do that 10 times = 3000m at 90 %. A good level for a player in a game is 1000m at 95 to full capacity. PB use to call it his 1000m club and they worked to get every player in it apart from the CB's.

Player were tested first few days of preseason.....Obviously Blackman can't of been tested before signing or has not done basic stuff since.

I said long sprints of 300m. Or 3 sides of a football pitch with a 1 minute recovery as you walk one short length behind the goal. Takes 20 minutes and is the best and quickest way for results in aerobic and engine building. I did say as an extra but for any park player it would work as a session.

Do that 10 times = 3000m at 90 %. A good level for a player in a game is 1000m at 95 to full capacity. PB use to call it his 1000m club and they worked to get every player in it apart from the CB's.

Player were tested first few days of preseason.....Obviously Blackman can't of been tested before signing or has not done basic stuff since.
That’s my point he hasn’t got a decent base yet and working at 90% over 300m is not aerobic. He needs sets of 800-1200m at 70% before he tries the above unless there’s an ambulance onsite :Smile:

That’s my point he hasn’t got a decent base yet and working at 90% over 300m is not aerobic. He needs sets of 800-1200m at 70% before he tries the above unless there’s an ambulance onsite :Smile:

No point in arguing over the 'correct' distances, mine were just an example. The fact is, its mid September when every player at every level in Britian is at their fittest.

If Blackman needs to start with basics that won't wash with me. There's a reason he has been a failure and I can see it easy enough. The only figure he needs to worry about is P45 then he can improve his fitness with a gentle jog with Nile Ranger

No point in arguing over the 'correct' distances, mine were just an example. The fact is, its mid September when every player at every level in Britian is at their fittest.

If Blackman needs to start with basics that won't wash with me. There's a reason he has been a failure and I can see it easy enough. The only figure he needs to worry about is P45 then he can improve his fitness with a gentle jog with Nile Ranger
If you’re alluding to a similar lifestyle then I’m not going to argue with that.

why did we lose the 6 previous games when he was not playing first start in a league game we get a draw no worse than rest of our defence fullbacks are the worst we ever had how can it be just one players fault you people have to have a scapegoat who is next simon cox

why did we lose the 6 previous games when he was not playing first start in a league game we get a draw no worse than rest of our defence fullbacks are the worst we ever had how can it be just one players fault you people have to have a scapegoat who is next simon cox

Well now you mention it.....

200 m reps are not sprint sessions, they are speed endurance sessions for those who generally run a shorter distance. A football runs shortish distances with recovery throughout the game, particularly a wider player, Other players , except a real box to box midfielder, will do even shorter sprints , so for multiple efforts , they generally need to train slightly over average distance with short recovery . Diagonals across the pitch (90%) jog the goal line go again. . 4 sets of that 5 minutes rest then Diagonals to centre spot (100%) jog to corner turn and repeat. 3 sets .

Build up the number of sets.

pure speed work is short , sharp and long recovery , but generally all the hard work for a footballer is the first 5 yards, to get in front of the opponent. That and reaction speed needs constant training too

I'm not disagreeing with peoples assessment about him on Saturday but he certainly looked a proper player against Orient, positioning was very good, got up and down the wing, something isn't right but let's see if Waddock can turn him around.

Turn him around and send him as far away from this club as possible. We don't need him, we can use Demi or Elvis at LB when Ralph is injured etc and we have Kyp on his way back too.

Because Bond was the manager and the set up and tactics were different. Blackman is not a L1 player.

I find all this quite incredible to be honest...the blokes worst crime was to be signed by Kevin Bond.

I think he did alright Saturday, particularly 1st half.

Maybe he did tire.....maybe he wasn’t helped by Macca tiring who hadnt played for a month.....maybe he wasn’t helped once by a tiring Hutchinson (who also hadnt played for a month!) maybe he just struggled cos it’s September and he’s only just made his second start......

But I stand by it....first half he was pretty decent. He read a couple of defensive situations really well and put in one or two decent crosses...oh yeah I forgot...we only remember good balls in to create chances when our favourite players finish them.....being creative and someone ****ing up a finish doesn’t count....

Because Bond was the manager and the set up and tactics were different. Blackman is not a L1 player.

So 6 games were Bonds fault and one was Blackman’s? I get it.

The players who just downed tools sulked or didn’t fancy it are off scott free are they?

Give a pro footballer an excuse and he’ll use it a dozen times.....

Turn him around and send him as far away from this club as possible. We don't need him, we can use Demi or Elvis at LB when Ralph is injured etc and we have Kyp on his way back too.
Just turn him in the direction of the north bound A12 and tell him not to stop walking til he gets to Colchester:-)

elvis bwomono had his best game against Stevenage andre blackman best game against leyton orient add Nathan ralph all 3 lge2 players ethan Hamilton whats he done nothing came on against Lincoln whats he brought to the game if a player is not fit managers fault for selecting him

I think that he had a half decent game.... That cross in the first half was sublime just needed someone on the end of it.. If he keeps putting balls in the box like that then we will score plenty of goals

Back