• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Android Forum app with Shrimperzone

Semi-Spanish Shrimper

High School Student
Would like to be able to post on Shrimperzone at games to give updates, but my browser on my HTC doesn't allow me to post. I've come across Tapatalk which is £1.99 but haven't tried it...

Any ideas?

On the forum I used to run, we had Forum Runner installed which allowed members to access on either Android or Apple. Although it's free for forum owners to install, I cant remember if there's cost's involved for user's. I know there is a free & paid for version but I never used it myself other than to read, so not sure what the limitations are between the two options.

It is far & away a better way of viewing a forum rather than through a standard browser.

I suspect any app like this will be paid for for full functionality, although there may be some free one's around.

What HTC phone do you use? The boards work fine on the default browser on my HTC Desire.

Taptalk is alright, and Shrmperzone is on there. What is £1.99 nowadays? Can't even get a pint for that.

I have the HTC Wildifre, but I use Opera instead of the default browser as it's 10x quicker. I can view them perfectly, just can't post...

How much better is Tapatalk to the default browser?

I have the HTC Wildifre, but I use Opera instead of the default browser as it's 10x quicker. I can view them perfectly, just can't post...

It will work really well when the owners/mods decide to update it in their admin pages :whistling:

It's not better, but it's good for browsing forums because it minimises the amount of data that a page needs to load so a page on a thread on here might only be 20k so loads in a second.

I don't use it much, to be honest. I tend to use the default browser instead but if I couldn't use the default browser and had no other way of posting from my phone I think I'd just pay the two quid.

It will work really well when the owners/mods decide to update it in their admin pages :whistling:

The previous version was uploaded and set-up according to instructions but didn't work correctly even after 7-8 attempts (and after I'd thrown a lot of my spare time into it). I've just been advised that Tapatalk have released a newer version so I'll be giving it that a go when I can.

Until that time, ShrimperZone does not support Tapatalk.

The previous version was uploaded and set-up according to instructions but didn't work correctly even after 7-8 attempts (and after I'd thrown a lot of my spare time into it). I've just been advised that Tapatalk have released a newer version so I'll be giving it that a go when I can.

Tapatalk and the Zone works perfectly on the iPhone.

TBH I don't see what the problem is.Most fans I see about have no problem accessing the Zone via either Iphones or Androids.

Accessing a forum through an app like Forum Runner is a nicer experience than through a smartphone browser, be that FF, Opera, IE or whatever your choice is..:smile:

As I said, I use the default browser on my phone which loads up the page as if I was on a normal PC. I can see the attraction in using an app though, as they compress the amount of data required so pages load far more quickly which is handy if you've got a weak connection or don't want to use much data.

thanks for the update
Tapatalk and the Zone works perfectly on the iPhone.

Works fine on Android as well. I just checked.

TBH I don't see what the problem is.Most fans I see about have no problem accessing the Zone via either Iphones or Androids.

Yup - works on my iPhone and HTC, but not on my BlackBerry, which tells me that your version of Tapatalk is out of date

Accessing a forum through an app like Forum Runner is a nicer experience than through a smartphone browser, be that FF, Opera, IE or whatever your choice is..:smile:
And this is why we want to use it :-)

Yup - works on my iPhone and HTC, but not on my BlackBerry, which tells me that your version of Tapatalk is out of date

Well stop being such a capitalist wannaa be ruler with 3 phones you knob.:smile:

Well stop being such a capitalist wannaa be ruler with 3 phones you knob.:smile:
anybody who's anybody has multiple phones. I understand that old people might not get it - ask your great grandchildren x

Back