• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Andy Gray..

OAJS

Full Back
Is it just me, or does he really get on anybody else's nerves, just been watching the United v Villa game and had to mute it cos he really does mine and my old man's head in. Sometimes we're not sure if he knows what he's talking about, is it just us?

I felt this was worthy of my first post!

Rant over..

Is it just me, or does he really get on anybody else's nerves, just been watching the United v Villa game and had to mute it cos he really does mine and my old man's head in. Sometimes we're not sure if he knows what he's talking about, is it just us?

Rant over..

Good post. The bloke is a ********.
"If United win they could go on and win the title but if they lose here it will be more difficult"
No **** Sherlock.

Good first post mate and welcome to the board.

I agree Gray is really annoying, but believe it or not there are worse than him. I saw the second half of the Fulham v Liverpool game yesterday, and Craig Burley is utterly cretinous. And as for "summarisers like Garry ****ing Birtles, then the least said the better.

Rant over..

You are totally correct,the man is a complete ****,who offers the viewing punter nothing in his biased views.

Good first post mate and welcome to the board.

I agree Gray is really annoying, but believe it or not there are worse than him. I saw the second half of the Fulham v Liverpool game yesterday, and Craig Burley is utterly cretinous. And as for "summarisers like Garry ****ing Birtles, then the least said the better.

Craig Burley is very much the poor man's Andy Gray. I know these summarisers have to 'sell' the Premier League in order to justify the wages television companies are paying them, but their utter insistence that the Premier League is the be-all and end-all of professional football is nausiating at the very least. The manner in which Gray welcomed Manchester United's injury-time winner this afternoon suggested that the Premier League was the only League in the world that witnesses stoppage-time winners - it was laughable.

Then he and Martin Tyler went on to insinuate that the only arenas that you get vast outpourings of emotions involve Premier League clubs, completely overlooking the sheer joy on the faces of 40,000 Luton Town supporters that we shunted off of his channel just over two hours earlier. If he'd've been watching Sky Sports Extra at the JPT Final instead of sitting in his cosy commentary box at Old Trafford, he might not come out with such drivel.

After the Arsenal-Hull F.A. Cup tie, Giles Smith wrote this in his column in the Times - it certainly had me chuckling on the train into work:

Meanwhile, up in the commentary box, Setanta offers Craig Burley, whose seeming determination to become the new Andy Gray does at least get as far as the Scottish accent. What he needs to work on, though, if he is going to become what is known in the business as “a complete and utter Andy”, is the rapid conversion of key passages of play into improvised dialogue. (“He says, ‘There you go, son — go on and score your ninth goal of the season.’ And he says, ‘I won’t let you down . . .’ ” and so on until the replay finishes.) Chris Kamara has also cottoned on to this method and taken it, perhaps, to new and more excitable heights. Burley, though, is still working in the basic third person. But then he’s young.

It would also help if Burley could be a bit less (how can one best put this?) wrong. Nicky Barmby, of Hull, had a goal disallowed when the Arsenal defensive line stepped forward, springing not just Barmby but three other Hull players in an offside trap.

Here was Burley’s hindsight-assisted analysis of the replay: “Arsenal got away with that. Look how many shirts were in there. Nobody was picking up.” Yes, but the point about an offside trap, Craig, is that, if people hang back to pick up . . . oh, never mind. It was a minor detail. Kind of.

Craig Burley is very much the poor man's Andy Gray. I know these summarisers have to 'sell' the Premier League in order to justify the wages television companies are paying them, but their utter insistence that the Premier League is the be-all and end-all of professional football is nausiating at the very least. The manner in which Gray welcomed Manchester United's injury-time winner this afternoon suggested that the Premier League was the only League in the world that witnesses stoppage-time winners - it was laughable.

Then he and Martin Tyler went on to insinuate that the only arenas that you get vast outpourings of emotions involve Premier League clubs, completely overlooking the sheer joy on the faces of 40,000 Luton Town supporters that we shunted off of his channel just over two hours earlier. If he'd've been watching Sky Sports Extra at the JPT Final instead of sitting in his cosy commentary box at Old Trafford, he might not come out with such drivel.

After the Arsenal-Hull F.A. Cup tie, Giles Smith wrote this in his column in the Times - it certainly had me chuckling on the train into work:

Meanwhile, up in the commentary box, Setanta offers Craig Burley, whose seeming determination to become the new Andy Gray does at least get as far as the Scottish accent. What he needs to work on, though, if he is going to become what is known in the business as “a complete and utter Andy”, is the rapid conversion of key passages of play into improvised dialogue. (“He says, ‘There you go, son — go on and score your ninth goal of the season.’ And he says, ‘I won’t let you down . . .’ ” and so on until the replay finishes.) Chris Kamara has also cottoned on to this method and taken it, perhaps, to new and more excitable heights. Burley, though, is still working in the basic third person. But then he’s young.

It would also help if Burley could be a bit less (how can one best put this?) wrong. Nicky Barmby, of Hull, had a goal disallowed when the Arsenal defensive line stepped forward, springing not just Barmby but three other Hull players in an offside trap.

Here was Burley’s hindsight-assisted analysis of the replay: “Arsenal got away with that. Look how many shirts were in there. Nobody was picking up.” Yes, but the point about an offside trap, Craig, is that, if people hang back to pick up . . . oh, never mind. It was a minor detail. Kind of.

A couple of gems from Burley yesterday.

"What do Liverpool have to do to score?"

Well Craig you see those two posty things with a crossbar thingy on top and a net and white line? Well if Liverpool get the ball beteen the posty things and over the line then they score you knob.

"Why is this game 0-0?"

Because no side has scored you cretin.

Most of the summarisers have a degree in stating the bleeding obvious and an agenda to try and show every decison by the match officials as wrong after analysing each decision about 25 times.

Back