• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Andy Gray

Is it just me, or does anyone think its about time Sky Sports got rid of that useless, so far up some clubs arses its unreal, Andy Gray?

I mean the guy talks rubbish all the time and is so bias sometimes when commentating on some clubs. Its about time they change/replace him with someone else i reckon!

Yes could not agree more !!!

Very biased agaisnt certain clubs and considering his record as a coach a Villa he is not smart as he things he is.
I personally would love it if Sky dumped or at least upgraded so he could be muted out of a match experience.

Yes could not agree more !!!

Very biased agaisnt certain clubs and considering his record as a coach a Villa he is not smart as he things he is.
I personally would love it if Sky dumped or at least upgraded so he could be muted out of a match experience.

some of the comments the guy makes are just laughable. For a start, i mean state the obvious! "Its a goal"! "you dont save those Martin"... well of course not its goal? OR the comment he made today during the arsenal game, he called arsenal the "best" team in the county and have been a little while.... hmmm ok Andy, lets compare trophies shall we? oh thats right, Arsenal have none for the last how ever long where as TOTTENHAM have won more. The guy is so far up Arsenals *** its unreal.

I hate Andy Gray, he states the obvious, and acts like he's best mates with every single player.

He makes playing FIFA god awful sometimes, in fact sometimes it's almost he and Martin Tyler are slipping each other one while they comentate.

Andy "I'm a complete turncoat who will stick my tongue up Gerrard's rectum" Gray should be sacked.

He makes playing FIFA god awful sometimes, in fact sometimes it's almost he and Martin Tyler are slipping each other one while they comentate.

Andy "I'm a complete turncoat who will stick my tongue up Gerrard's rectum" Gray should be sacked.

Came on this thread to post exactly this. The FIFA commentary is so bad (it's kinda good).

If Martin Tyler forgets his umbrella one more time then I'm going to insert and open it in an orifice where the sun definitely isn't shining

Came on this thread to post exactly this. The FIFA commentary is so bad (it's kinda good).

If Martin Tyler forgets his umbrella one more time then I'm going to insert and open it in an orifice where the sun definitely isn't shining

:D

Its terrible aint it! i want fifa to introduce a new commentary system next year where you can select a commentary duo. Motty and Lawson!

"he would have scored there if they flag hadnt gone up" one of Andys famous yet useless sayings! Andy is suddenly a fortune teller and a useless commentator!

Tell me about it! Having 50 more shots at half time more than the opponent does NOT make the game "very even", nor is there "nothing between these two"!!!

Oh God yes. He shouldn't just be axed but deported and left to rot on an island with a manual called 'How not to base all of your opinions on knee-jerk reactions'.

So many times I have heard him say 'Get the guy off, he's terrible...' and then, after a goal comes along, change his story to 'The guys got real ability, always a threat. Unplayable...'

But then I hate most pundits. Crooks is woeful. Shearer ain't too hot. Lawrenson looks bored by it all.

It's depressing listening to how insightful, witty and interesting the cricket coverage is on Radio 5 and then coming back to these age old dullards.

And don't get me started on ITV. I haven't watched a match on ITV with the sound on for about 2 years now.

Ronnie Irani, though, has the distinction of having written the worst autobiography of those three. The worst book, in fact, I've ever read. I feel ripped off - and I got it for free. He may as well have entitled it "Insanely Jealous Of Nasser Hussain".

Anyway, to back the case in hand, in the early 90's, Andy Gray was genuinely insightful. Having only recently retired from playing, he would tell you what was going through a player's mind, why he made the run when he did, why a certain pass was the better option when it appeared not, etc - and he waseven handed whoever were playing.

Now he's simply a piece of s***.

Back