• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Andy Murray

What do you classify Andy Murray as?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Give a rest Fasto. He's been pilloried for one off-the-cuff, off record remark made to Tim Henman by some scumbag journalist.

Here's to a Murray final this Sunday, first BRIT for since 1938 to be up for the top prize in tennis and I'm more excited than watching a bunch of overpaid English primadonnas being torn to shreds by a team that knows how to play football.

Give a rest Fasto. He's been pilloried for one off-the-cuff, off record remark made to Tim Henman by some scumbag journalist.

Here's to a Murray final this Sunday, first BRIT for since 1938 to be up for the top prize in tennis and I'm more excited than watching a bunch of overpaid English primadonnas being torn to shreds by a team that knows how to play football.

To qualify that. British male. Although it's 35 years since a British female won.

An English hating Scot. I can live with that as most Celts feel the same

Unfortunately* he's been forced to backtrack from a truthful comment he made some years back so as to gain as much popularity and support (AND SPONSORSHIP !!!!) from South of the border as possible

* unfortunate in that now he has to lie and pretend to love us all

I recently saw an interview with the sour faced one when, on a charm (:stunned:) offensive, he visited Rory McIlroy who was practising for a Major .. during a chat the interviewer asked McIlroy what he had in common with Murray, he just burst out laughing saying "well, there is one thing" at which point Murray (smirking like a schoolboy) interjected "think we've been down THAT road before Rors" cue much merriment and mirth-making

Now 2 + 2 to me equals 4 but of course i could be wrong :winking:

At least Murray can spell his nationality correctly when he makes a poll.

Will support him either way because yes he is British, however in any other sport he would be referred to as Scottish, and certainly would in Tennis if we had a decent English player to support properly!

Well played Murray but hard to see him beat Federer who was awesome earlier. Still a fantastic achievement whatever happenes, considering the pressure he is under as our only decent tennis player.

Federer around 8/15 to win on Sunday and getting shorter. I'll be cheering on Murray though, would love him to finally put this dismal run to an end.

He's Scottish of course, it's clear that's what he considers himself to be and good luck to him. As far as I'm concerned I'm English not British, works both ways. As I've said before the whole thing about him not wanting England to win is understandable, I'd have less respect for him if he said differently. I don't want Scotland to win, doesn't mean I'm anti-Scottish it's just football rivalry.

I'd still like him to win though. I like that he's a dour Scot who's single minded about his sport and winning, not worrying about a charm offensive on the public. Better that than some poncey middle class bottler like Tim 'nice but dim' Henman.

Back