• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News ANG joins Ebbsfleet on loan for a month

It'll be interesting to see how this loan pans out. Whilst I have nothing against the lad, I like Riggers found him to be quite a selfish player and that he hung on to the ball far too long and often ran into blind corners when a simple pass to a team mate was needed. He certainly wasn't that helpful to us in a relegation battle. Who knows .. if he works on his game .. becomes more of a team player and develops that final ball ..
I agree to an extent but I don't think that was necessarily selfishness, more about lacking a football brain. Weirdly though I thought his use of the ball was improving in the final few games before MM was sacked. Like you I'm interested in his progress too.

First of all, if the manager did that he would have been an unprofessional idiot as well. Rash behaviour like that would shatter respect from the players. It cost PB his job on both occasions he was at our club.

For what its worth, I'm not a fan of what ANG did either but this sort of thing happens regularly elsewhere, and the fact is he scored and it was a good penalty as the keeper dived the right way. If he'd missed it would have been a different story. He also scored a poacher's goal against Harrogate to give us three points.

Regarding the second sentence I've highlighted, that's a bit of a myth sadly. There are plenty of players over the years who have received abuse despite the criteria you mention - see Blair Sturrock, Matt Harrold, Luke Prosser for example - who were top pros but mocked and disrespected. Not just our fans either: the abuse Emile Heskey got when he played for England was disgusting despite the effort he put in.

Funny you should say that because it was Nile Ranger stealing a pen at Portsmouth which cost PB his Job.

The next game Wright missed a pen at MK and the players had formed a split which was never solved even under CP, Bond and Sol.

Had Nile been sacked there and then, rather than protected from above..... We might still be in L1

I agree to an extent but I don't think that was necessarily selfishness, more about lacking a football brain. Weirdly though I thought his use of the ball was improving in the final few games before MM was sacked. Like you I'm interested in his progress too.
I thought there was a decent player in there somewhere, and, it will be interesting to see if he is able to develop at all.
I am pretty sure it will not be at Southend. I would guess that both his age and skill set will make him surplus to requirements.

I hope his loan spell goes well and he gets back to full fitness. As others have said, I also don't see him as a team player and don't think that would fit well currently so expect him to move on.

Thought he did ok on Saturday. He came on at half time and didn't do anything spectacular, but he did have an overhead kick on target and another shot from the edge of the area fly just over. The lack of preparation with his teammates was clear as he played 2 or 3 good slip passes through, but others were not quite on the same wavelength. Some of our fans suggested he is no better than we already have, and don't acknowledge that it was his first game for 10 months so he's bound to be lacking match sharpness and probably a degree of confidence.

I imagine that , with a week of training with his teammates we will see a much sharper player next week.
Bloody hell, you must have high standards at Ebbsfleet if an over head kick doesn’t count as spectacular these days:Winking2:

Funny you should say that because it was Nile Ranger stealing a pen at Portsmouth which cost PB his Job.

The next game Wright missed a pen at MK and the players had formed a split which was never solved even under CP, Bond and Sol.

Had Nile been sacked there and then, rather than protected from above..... We might still be in L1

If true that would be the best thing Ranger has done for this club but regardless of the veracity of that claim you seem to have missed the fact that ANG scored his penalty.

Once it’s scored it becomes past history, the recriminations only ever come if it is missed. And even then ANG came with none of the baggage Ranger did. As an isolated incident this doesn’t register. It only becomes a powder keg because of the accumulation of prior incidents: all the times Ranger was late to training; all the rules he was allowed to break as he was a big name and his manager and chairman loved a big name; all the times he was a distraction or liability. ANG had none of this baggage. There had been no build up of resentment over him. And he scored his penalty.

Bloody hell, you must have high standards at Ebbsfleet if an over head kick doesn’t count as spectacular these days:Winking2:

If true that would be the best thing Ranger has done for this club but regardless of the veracity of that claim you seem to have missed the fact that ANG scored his penalty.

Once it’s scored it becomes past history, the recriminations only ever come if it is missed. And even then ANG came with none of the baggage Ranger did. As an isolated incident this doesn’t register. It only becomes a powder keg because of the accumulation of prior incidents: all the times Ranger was late to training; all the rules he was allowed to break as he was a big name and his manager and chairman loved a big name; all the times he was a distraction or liability. ANG had none of this baggage. There had been no build up of resentment over him. And he scored his penalty.

Quite a few people think its Ok because he scored the penalty. You are missing the point completely. Its like saying if the police don't prosecute then its ok to kick your cat.

The chairman was more interested in potential profit than big names. Thats why he overruled his manager. Allowing Ranger back after his prison sentence was the start of the slide. Resigning him last January instead of a proper forward, cost MM his job and us our league status.

Last edited:

I know you have a massive hatred of anything PB, and can never see anything positive in anything he does, but PB tried to discipline Ranger on numerous times and was let down by his chairman.

PB didn’t let him get away with any rule breaking, but then that doesn’t fit the narrative does it.

Last edited:
Back