• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Angels and Demons

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
Little snippet of a trailer for this film

http://angelsanddemons.msn.com/default.aspx?mid=en-GB&source=msnuk#/home/

I know a lot of people weren't too impressed with the Da Vinci Code, and to be fair, I thought the book was better than the film, but this one, which is by way of a prequel, was, I feel, an even better book. Hopefully, the production team will have learnt from some of the mistakes they made with the DVC, and I'm really looking forward to this. Anyone else share my anticipation or otherwise?

To be fair Angels & Demons was a marginally better book than The Da Vinci Code, and it was going along nicely until the ludicrous part where our hero fell from the plane sans parachute. Also the pay off at the end was blindingly obvious to me.

The best acting award in the film should go to Tom Hanks' syrup IMO. Sorry Kay not a fan of Dan Brown although to be fair Digital Fortress wasn't a bad read.

Last edited:
Dan Brown is a hack of the highest order and Angels and Demons is the literary equivalent of excrement.

To be fair Angels & Demons was a marginally better book than The Da Vinci Code, and it was going along nicely until the ludicrous part where our hero fell from the plane sans parachute. Also the pay off at the end was blindingly obvious to me.

The best acting award in the film should go to Tom Hanks' syrup IMO. Sorry Kay not a fan of Dan Brown although to be fair Digital Fortress wasn't a bad read.

Angels and Demons was a much better book than The Da Vinci Code, but that doesn't mean the film will be better. As for the ending, I remember the ending of The Firm being completely different from the book, so you never know, you may be surprised.

Angels and Demons was a much better book than The Da Vinci Code, but that doesn't mean the film will be better. As for the ending, I remember the ending of The Firm being completely different from the book, so you never know, you may be surprised.

I'm not a John Grisham fan either, so I can't comment on The Firm, book or film. You may be right about the A&D film we shall see.

Dan Brown is a hack of the highest order and Angels and Demons is the literary equivalent of excrement.

Harsh Paul, those books have been read and enjoyed by millions of people across the world. Any book that gets people reading in numbers and away from computer games is fine by me.

Are you stating a fact, or merely your opinion?!

I enjoyed reading Angels & Demons more than the Da Vinci Code (though enjoyed both), but the ending was a bit far fetched.

The other problem I will have with the film is that they will still have Tom Hanks in the main role......I think Hanks is a great actor but wasn't the type I percieved the main role to be. Guess that's always the trouble with turning a book that requires the readings interpretation, into a film. Will look forward to seeing this though.

Harsh Paul, those books have been read and enjoyed by millions of people across the world. Any book that gets people reading in numbers and away from computer games is fine by me.

What gets me about Brown is that a lot (not all, obviously) of people think that he writes with historical fact. It's not, it's all made up pot boiler hokum (allegedly) "borrowed" from other sources. Angels and Demons is quite simply ludicrous - yeah, jump out of a helicopter without a parachute and land it a lake! Genius! If a ten year old in his English class wrote that they'd of got a F but Dan Brown gets lauded as some kind of genius!

There are wealth of far, far better books out there!

And I bet in the film version of A&D they skip over the no parachute bit! Betcha because people would just laugh themselves stupid.

What gets me about Brown is that a lot (not all, obviously) of people think that he writes with historical fact. It's not, it's all made up pot boiler hokum (allegedly) "borrowed" from other sources. Angels and Demons is quite simply ludicrous - yeah, jump out of a helicopter without a parachute and land it a lake! Genius! If a ten year old in his English class wrote that they'd of got a F but Dan Brown gets lauded as some kind of genius!

And I bet in the film version of A&D they skip over the no parachute bit! Betcha because people would just laugh themselves stupid.

Agree with you , espically Da Vinci , a lot of the information used (blodd line the idea of what the Grail is ) have been theories in the field of occult studies for well centuries in some case , however most have been totally discredited , by the experts (yes there are honest ) in their fields . It alwasy reminds me of the Celestine Prohecy books when they came out . Yes its fantastic people read something differnet and its a good pre curosur but why does no one get excited say about Benjamin Hoffs The Tao of Pooh ;)

The thing with Dan browns books, it stir's up debate and argument about them which is good. Love him or hate him its kicked off a link on this football site.
Me I’m looking forward to see dean pickle picking the ball out of the net 3 times tomorrow.

So long as you take his books with a pinch of salt they're excellent. They aren't historically accurate though.

Dan Brown's books are ok, they are the literary equivalent of a Blockbuster Action Movie, entertaining, you'll probably only read them once and not have to think too much. Angels & Demons was better than the Da Vinci Code, I'll probably watch the film once and never again.

Anything that gets people reading should be lauded, though it has to be said that Angels and Demons was essentially the same book as Da Vinci Code. At the risk of sounding like Melvyn Bragg, character development and original narrative structure are not Dan Brown's strong point.

Anyway, nothing that Dan Brown does can be as bad as this line....

Tom Hanks - "We need to get to a library....fast!"

Kill. Me.

Thoroughly enjoyed reading A&D, and is probably my favourite Dan Brown book. Some people get too worked up and read too much into it, but i just read it and enjoyed the ride. Looking forward to the film.

Back