• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Animated GIFS

RHB

I'm a Mod like Ricey⭐⭐
Staff member
Does anyone know whether you can use an animated GIF as an avatar? I've tried a couple of times but the picture isn't animated when I upload it to Settings. It works as an animation ok in a browser.

I beleive you can. There is a poster on here who has one - a gun aiming, but I'm buggered if i can remember who it is.

Can't really remember, had it for a long time. Think I saved the gif to my computer and then uploaded it in the avatar settings, not sure what the allowed size or how big the file can be now though.

Can't really remember, had it for a long time. Think I saved the gif to my computer and then uploaded it in the avatar settings, not sure what the allowed size or how big the file can be now though.

I have tried that and it ends up static. Thanks anyway.

200w.gif

Got that far, but can't upload it as my avatar.

Attachments

• 200w.jpg
    200w.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 2
Something I've tired to do a few times but always get this

Screen Shot 2016-09-30 at 10.44.01 copy.jpg

Never had a problem putting a gif in a signature though so must come down to file size

I downloaded the tiniest GIF I could find and was told that "You may not upload animated images", so god knows how BRB did it.

View attachment 4304

I'm guessing here but BrB has been a member since 2003 so maybe that avatar has been in place for a long time. If I remember correctly the site underwent some big functionality changes a few years back, maybe the ability to upload animated avatar gifs vanished after that upgrade. Like I say, a big guess.

Back