• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

south247

Coach⭐
Was thinking about who really irked me last season and I nearly have an 11 of conners, divers, gobshites, timewasters and generally really annoying individuals. Leaving a few gaps in case anyone wants to add anyone.

So here is my rogue's 11 (minus a few) including manager and ref - I have resisted the whole of the Burton team and worryingly 2 of my list are Southend targets - should make for an interesting season.

Goal: Lyness (Burton) - his timewasting at both Roots Hall games would take all the biscuits in a digestive factory
RB:
LB: Hussey (Burton) - real gobby diver this boy.
CH:
CH:
LM: Hines (Dagenham) did the majority of his not very subtle diving from the left wing. Went down easier than Divine Brown
RM:
CM: JJ O'Toole (free agent, was Brizzle Rovers) - his performance at Roots Hall was as yobbish as I have seen in many years. Was very lucky to stay on pitch. Totally lives up to his name.
CM Weir (Burton) was touch and go to put Bell down but have gone for Weir as he clearly has studied Tom Daley videos more than his team mate. Was also a gobster who likes to do the sneaky and unseemly stuff - when the ref is not looking. Fine specimen.
CF: Appiah (Wimbledon) no one got me out of my seat more than this fella. Horrible little diver.
CF:
Manager Rowett (Burton) easy choice - totally odious
Ref: James Linington for the most woeful display last season (vs Dagenham in our league fixture)

Interesting to know how many of these players are crowd favourites at their place. I suspect if you asked other league 2 fans the same question, the name Barry Corr would appear quite frequently.

Interesting to know how many of these players are crowd favourites at their place. I suspect if you asked other league 2 fans the same question, the name Barry Corr would appear quite frequently.

Yes that reminds me of how much I used to despise Steve Phillips when he was at Brentford, only to love him for all the very same reasons when he joined us.

"CF: Appiah (Wimbledon) no one got me out of my seat more than this fella. Horrible little diver."

Ah. The same one we are looking to sign?

You have got me thinking now, and as I can never remember these things I am going to have to go back through my match reports and see who irked me the most!

That Bury defender who got Corr sent off has to be on here. Think his name was Frederick Veseli or something like that.

I hated Eric Nixon many years ago. Apparently he is an Elvis impersonator these days. Never liked Nathan Abbey the gobby Chesterfield keeper, hated Cameron Belford who was a disgrace when he played for Bury. Mark Ford at Torquay was always a massive ****** and Dean Lyness moving forward I wouldn't **** on if he was on fire.

I would like to add Billy Kee of Burton to the mix in the really annoying category.

CF; David Speedie, when we played at Ewood Park he was a cheating rabid little ****. And they scored a 2-2 equalizer 7 minutes into the 3 of added time. he was a right sod.

Michael Ricketts,Lee Trundle and Junior Agogo allways annoyed me

Had a grudging respect for Trundle and Agogo (but just for one goal). On the other hand this list wouldn't be complete without Luke Rodgers.

I wouldn't mind seeing a separate list of ex-Southend players who we loved/hated seeing playing against us.

Had a grudging respect for Trundle and Agogo (but just for one goal). On the other hand this list wouldn't be complete without Luke Rodgers.

I wouldn't mind seeing a separate list of ex-Southend players who we loved/hated seeing playing against us.
Bailey would be one of my top rated hated ones in that!

That Stockley from Torquay was a giant swear word when he was wrestling with John White, not letting Johnny to get up!

"CF: Appiah (Wimbledon) no one got me out of my seat more than this fella. Horrible little diver."

Ah. The same one we are looking to sign?

Both true, to be honest, I don't think I've sworn at an opposition player quite as much as Appiah. He was disgusting.

Back