• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Annual Accounts

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
Received mine in the post this morning. I'm no expert on these things, but they look reasonably healthy to me. Any chartered accountants out there care to give us a more informed opinion?

Not a chartered accountant, but they don't look healthy to me. The look less unhealthy than they did though.

As the club have no fixed assets, look at the "working capital".

That is the difference between currrent liabilities and current assets, or in plainer language the difference between what we owe and what cash is at bank.

Hubby had a look at them last night. He used to work at Lloyds Bank when the accounts used to be held there and his comment was that the club seems to be in no better financial position, according to the accounts, than it was about 25 years ago.

Hubby had a look at them last night. He used to work at Lloyds Bank when the accounts used to be held there and his comment was that the club seems to be in no better financial position, according to the accounts, than it was about 25 years ago.

Maybe, but in 1983 I think we still owned the freehold, so by that analysis, we must surely be in worse position ?

Mind you heard in press that many non league clubs are selling their grounds and leasing back, as rental costs are said to be less than expense of maintaining older premises themselves.

I would imagine that would be the case, the problems arose when we spent a load of money circa the Whelan era ...

We do appear to be in a better position than 5 years ago though.

As the club have no fixed assets, look at the "working capital".

That is the difference between currrent liabilities and current assets, or in plainer language the difference between what we owe and what cash is at bank.

On the Balance sheet The total equity shareholders deficit , (which is the difference between currents assests , current liabilities and loabilities falling due in more than one year has steadily improved since 2003 9the earliest accounts I have). In 2003 this figure was 4,486,852 (including an over 1 year liability of 3,561,096. in 2007 it was 2,869,899.

So basically our little charge up the divisions, 3 millstad appearances , Freddy Eastwood, Man U at home has wiped nearly 1.6 Million (or 37%) off the debt

On the Balance sheet The total equity shareholders deficit , (which is the difference between currents assests , current liabilities and loabilities falling due in more than one year has steadily improved since 2003 9the earliest accounts I have). In 2003 this figure was 4,486,852 (including an over 1 year liability of 3,561,096. in 2007 it was 2,869,899.

So basically our little charge up the divisions, 3 millstad appearances , Freddy Eastwood, Man U at home has wiped nearly 1.6 Million (or 37%) off the debt

Is this not largely distorted by the writing off of "debts" relating to notional rent of Roots Hall subsequent to its sale?

Given the endebtedness endemic in football these days, "no better than 25 years ago" may not be a damning statement.

Last edited:
Is this not largely distorted by the writing off of "debts" relating to notional rent of Roots Hall subsequent to its sale?

The release of the Parent company loan (1.5M ) in occured in 2006 yet the shareholders deficit only changed by 200k that year

The bulk of the profit in the year to 31/12/07 was Profit on Disposal of Tangible Fixed Assets of 1.52 M (Basically, Freddie)

So could somebody please sum this up in simple terms for those of us not savvy with the financial lingo!?

What is the club's total debt, with and without current assets? Who exactly is this money owed to and is there a repay date on it? What and how much debt has been wiped out? And has any debt been written off? - if so how much?

Back