• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Annual accounts

There is a new head of finance. I'd imagine (hope) that getting the accounts signed off would be at the top of his (no doubt) very long list.

Although the top spot is probably a tie between paying staff, paying players, paying HMRC and locating a pot to pee in

Roots Hall Ltd & Elounda LLP now filed -

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/03710296/filing-history

Looking at the Roots Hall Ltd accounts they are pretty potless. However Elounda (the group co) had more than £700k cash at bank. If so, why the hell wasn’t it transferred within the group and used to pay staff salaries??

Roots Hall Ltd & Elounda LLP now filed -

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/03710296/filing-history

I'm far from an expert here and this may not be new news but it states here Ron resigned from being a director in 2022 and Jack Martin is now the director. Now I knew he was involved of course but I don't seem to remember Ron resigning. I know this is only for paper work purposes only, much like his other companies and his house etc.

Looking at the Roots Hall Ltd accounts they are pretty potless. However Elounda (the group co) had more than £700k cash at bank. If so, why the hell wasn’t it transferred within the group and used to pay staff salaries??
Thats as at 31/07/2022.

I had £4k in my bank account after my salary and bonus was paid in March 2022. Was it there a month later, not a chance.

If you look at the figure from prior year it was only £100k. I say only but i'd quite like to have that kind of cash in my account right now :Hilarious:

Thats as at 31/07/2022.

I had £4k in my bank account after my salary and bonus was paid in March 2022. Was it there a month later, not a chance.

If you look at the figure from prior year it was only £100k. I say only but i'd quite like to have that kind of cash in my account right now :Hilarious:
Good point - I only flicked through to be honest. That does mean the cash at bank position improved by £600k during our first season in the NL?

Perhaps this money went to White Horse for the training ground work.

If it didn’t, then I would still be surprised if they lost all that cash between July 2022 and October (?) 2022 when the most recent series of issues with non-payment of staff really kicked off? Similar time to when White Horse started work I think?

I'm far from an expert here and this may not be new news but it states here Ron resigned from being a director in 2022 and Jack Martin is now the director. Now I knew he was involved of course but I don't seem to remember Ron resigning. I know this is only for paper work purposes only, much like his other companies and his house etc.

That would be this part, would it not?
Probably did it as thought he was going to jail for the tax fraud. 🙈

That would be this part, would it not?
Probably did it as thought he was going to jail for the tax fraud. 🙈
You do know that some people are going to read that without seeing it was nearly a year ago and panic?

Because this is the funds that they control for themselves, not the football clubs. The club gets the debt, they hold the assets. Of course, you'll notice they file the accounts for their own co.s on time !

It’s 30 April on Sunday, so tomorrow is the last working day before then. So if there is no submission of accounts to Companies House by then, SUFC Ltd will be late with 2019/20, 2020/21 and 2021/22 accounts. Three years accounts late with ever increasing penalties for late submission. Surely this must be some kind of record.

Company Directors commit a criminal offence when accounts are submitted late and can be taken to court and personally fined , however, there appears to be no enforcement in place.

On 31st December 2022, that nice Mr Lawrence said that the 2019/20 accounts were almost complete.

https://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/2022/december/club-statement/

So 4 months on and still no sign. Murkier and murkier …..

It’s 30 April on Sunday, so tomorrow is the last working day before then. So if there is no submission of accounts to Companies House by then, SUFC Ltd will be late with 2019/20, 2020/21 and 2021/22 accounts. Three years accounts late with ever increasing penalties for late submission. Surely this must be some kind of record.

Company Directors commit a criminal offence when accounts are submitted late and can be taken to court and personally fined , however, there appears to be no enforcement in place.

On 31st December 2022, that nice Mr Lawrence said that the 2019/20 accounts were almost complete.

Not really that murky. It's almost certain the accounts are complete but we can't afford to pay the accountants and/or auditors and as such they won't sign them off, meaning they can't be submitted.

I'm amazed he hasn't been struck off as a director, by now !

Not really that murky. It's almost certain the accounts are complete but we can't afford to pay the accountants and/or auditors and as such they won't sign them off, meaning they can't be submitted.

My theory is that he is having trouble convincing the auditors that the Company and it’s parent company and others in the group are going concerns. He is having to wait until Fossets Farm is fully under way.

My theory is that he is having trouble convincing the auditors that the Company and it’s parent company and others in the group are going concerns. He is having to wait until Fossets Farm is fully under way.
They'll have a long wait, then !

Forget all this about payments to HMRC in particular and credit in general failure to file one years accounts on time at Companies House is in itself enough for the NL board to implode an embargo

Back