• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So we ended up picking up 3 points from our last 3 games - on the plus side there was a good home win against top of the table Burton. On the minus side, we didn't score in the other 2 games, didn't play very well and it all looked a bit "Pete Tong".

Our next 3 games are:-

Port Vale (A)
Crewe (H)
Chesterfield (H)

Millwall have Doncaster (A); Wigan (H) and Blackpool (H)

Coventry have Fleetwood (H); Barnsley (A) and Rochdale (H)

Bradford have Blackpool (A), Colchester (H) and Bury (A)

Sheff Utd have Rochdale (A); Burton (H) and Fleetwood (A)

This is completely unscientific but if one added up the league positions of the opponents faced then one could surmise that a team playing the 1st, 2nd & 3rd club (total 6) would have three harder games than a team playing the bottom three (22+23+24 = total 69).

Looking at the teams above gives the following numbers .........

Millwall - 37
Sheff Utd - 37
Coventry - 46
Southend - 53
Bradford - 56

So it might seem that Bradford have the easiest next 3 games whilst Millwall and Sheffield Utd have the hardest fixtures. :smile:

Very unscientific, as it does't take into account home or away, but on looking at the fixtures I thought, blimey Bradford look like they have 3 easier games, so maybe it does work.

The home games against Crewe and Chesterfield will define our season I reckon. 6 points from the 2 home games we will be well in the mix for play-offs, and possibly even pushing 4th or 5th.

I think we have got to hope for at least 6 points from those 3 games if not 7.

Peterborough thought Oldham was easy, but lost! Same goes for Gillingham at Oldham too.

Peterborough thought Oldham was easy, but lost! Same goes for Gillingham at Oldham too.

Well. Yes. No Southend team should run onto the pitch thinking it will be easy - you still have to apply full effort, concentration etcetera ........... but ...........

.......... Bradford's game are all against teams in the bottom half of the table for instance whilst we have 2 games against teams wanting to avoid being dragged into the relegation zone. It's all rather tricky.

Still 14 games and 42 points to play for .............

on a positive note, we have scored three goals in our last three home matches ! Pretty sure that is a first under Brown, not sure how far back we would have to go to match that.

on a positive note, we have scored three goals in our last three home matches ! Pretty sure that is a first under Brown, not sure how far back we would have to go to match that.

That is very good and well worth pointing out.

I would be very pleased if you are on here in a few days time remarking on the 15 goals scored in the last 5 home games ............ :winking:

I said 4 points from those last 3 games would be very good :sad:

6 is the minimum from these 3. After Monday's game I can see us getting a point at PV, we have to win our homes games now.

7 would be lovely, and I think we can do that with ease if we are up for it.

Oooops. Another away loss - that's three on the trot but at least we scored this time and (with the penalty) could have had a second.

I wonder if both Crewe and Chesterfield will come and hope/play for a draw. :sad:

Back