• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

jaffa1

Manager
MK Dons could make a late move to sign Southend United defender Adam Thompson before Monday’s transfer deadline, according to reports.
The Mirror claims the Dons and Championship rivals Huddersfield Town are interested in the 23-year-old Northern Ireland international.
Thompson graduated from Premier League side Watford’s academy and has two caps for his country.
The centre-back, who can also play on the right side of defence, has featured 13 times for The Shrimpers so far this campaign, scoring twice.
Dons boss Karl Robinson has so far strengthened his team with the loan signings of Crystal Palace’s Jonny Williams and Brighton’s Jake Forster-Caskey.
He also opted to recall defender George Baldock from his stay at League 2 promotion hopefuls Oxford United.

Well I can't see Huddersfield coughing up 150k plus but maybe mk Dons can, that's what I think it would cost to get him but I think brown will not sell as we are just getting the best out of him right now and there is more to come for sure.

Both teams (Huddersfield and Milton Keynes) are at the wrong end of the table and it may be possible that they will be part of the Division 2 relegation battle ......... and that could see Adam back in Division 3 next season if he were to move.

I wouldn't want to see him go - I agree with Totteringham342 above - more to come from Adam as he develops and improves. :thumbsup:

His contract extension will be a priority I would imagine. Wouldn't want to see him go, he's come on leaps and bounds in the last year.

Isn't his contract up in the summer, if so that allows him to talk too other clubs?!!

Give him a new deal ASAP! Been grest since he's come back this season.

Hopefully he will be another one who will remember how we have stood by him through injury, supported him and brought him on, especially with Barra boy at his side to show him the way

This is one player we do not want to lose. Hopefully nothing comes of it.

If there is any substance in this latest gossip then we should insist on a decent transfer fee, but again, it looks like his contract is nearly up so I'm not sure where that leaves us. I would like to think that as we stood by him during his shoulder injury rehabilitation, then maybe he wouldn't be interested and neither would we in selling.

Not sure we have stood by him really, seem to remember PB saying on the radio that Thompson has a rubbish contract!

I might be going out on a limb here, but I don't think Thompson is Championship standard.

Bolger would be a better purchase.

I just can't see him going to be honest even if a bid of 150k+ came in, it would be rejected. Our Championship promotion push is too important.

I might be going out on a limb here, but I don't think Thompson is Championship standard.

Bolger would be a better purchase.

Totally agree he is not Championship standard. Up against Billy Sharp at Sheff Utd he got torn apart which would be the average striker in that league. Saying that he has been in very good form for us recently.

But Bolger hasn't been playing well and in the shop window is he ....

Is he? He's been injured for quite a while, and he's been part of the defence that kept two clean sheets in a row. I wouldn't want to lose either Bolger or Thompson.

Back