• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Another comical error in the programme

Haven't the Little Gazette boys offered to write for the programme recently?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hamstring @ April 26 2004,10:18)]Maybe I have.  Maybe I'm already getting quotes from printers about print run costs.  Maybe it will indeed be a damn sight better than the club programme, where the humour will be intentional, for a lot less.  Maybe it will also have a Scots Gaelic print run as well .....
....and maybe you'll give after a year or two because people are constantly complaining about the contents and the errors.
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ April 26 2004,11:00)]Haven't the Little Gazette boys offered to write for the programme recently?
rock.gif
Currently the official website and the matchday programme use our match reports from the youth games and reserve fixtures, and Mark has his own column. However, we have offered to do more (especially for the LDV programme) and haven't even had the courtesy of a reply, which is most frustrating really. At the end of the day, we'll keep plugging away into next season offering our ideas to make it better, but personally I'm not holding my breath.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Exiled Shrimper @ April 26 2004,14:14)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CI-City Blue @ April 26 2004,11:00)]Haven't the Little Gazette boys offered to write for the programme recently?
rock.gif
Currently the official website and the matchday programme use our match reports from the youth games and reserve fixtures, and Mark has his own column. However, we have offered to do more (especially for the LDV programme) and haven't even had the courtesy of a reply, which is most frustrating really. At the end of the day, we'll keep plugging away into next season offering our ideas to make it better, but personally I'm not holding my breath.
I reckon you might get more luck next season.

Just noticed another error. I am being pedantic but in the half time quiz, one of the questions askes which Chilean striker transferred from West Ham to Manchester City. It gives the answer as Paulo Wanchope. Wanchope is actually Costa Rican. The Chilean West Ham had at the time was called Javier Margas I think.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheLittleGazette @ April 25 2004,00:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ April 24 2004,21:49)]I don't know how many other people have noticed it, but whoever produces the programme has made yet another monumental **** up today.

They've repeated the entire 'Steve Tilson' part in the 'Captain's log' part. So we are forced to do without king Kev's witterings this week.  
laugh.gif
Because Kevin Maher REALLY wtrites that article anyway!!
You have so much wisdom little fella, Id love to be in the know

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ April 26 2004,13:19)]...and maybe you'll give after a year or two because people are constantly complaining about the contents and the errors.
laugh.gif
.... and maybe whatever happens I'm getting up off my arse, putting my money where my mouth is and doing something, as opposed to accepting rubbish that the happy-clappy brigade seem to be doing.

Good and creative writing for the programme should at least be achieveable without relying on students (who also run a web-site far superior to the official one).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hamstring @ April 26 2004,15:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ April 26 2004,13:19)]...and maybe you'll give after a year or two because people are constantly complaining about the contents and the errors.
laugh.gif
.... and maybe whatever happens I'm getting up off my arse, putting my money where my mouth is and doing something, as opposed to accepting rubbish that the happy-clappy brigade seem to be doing.

Good and creative writing for the programme should at least be achieveable without relying on students (who also run a web-site far superior to the official one).
I think you are forgetting that there is a vast army of geeks out there that would rather spend years in a Turkish prison than be missing the 'official' SUFC v Darlington program from their collection.

An unofficial product, no matter how good is never going to be accepted by those who sleep in yellow and blue Spall pyjamas.

Hmmmm, I am intrigued by your views and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

I am now enlightened. I always thought Spall pyjamas were compulsory for fanzine writers and not those that take the official line. I shall return them to Primark at once, the conning bas.tards.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]we don't employ a proof reader to check our spelling and grammar

Southend United do not employ a proof reader for the programme. The production of the programme is in the hands of one person (with articles contributed by other people eg.Nick Hart,TLG,SUSCT). I agree the quality of the programme could be improved, but the club should supply more funds to improve the quality of the programme by supplying more staff and allowing help from volunteers.

I feel that the programme will not improve if the club do not invest any money in it. Currently they solely rely on one member of staff for a job that really needs two (which was the case, prior to the removal of Chris Phillips).

It is not fair to expect one person to the work of two. Thats why the programme, and website, will not improve drastically until the club are willing to either supply this second person or allow volunteers to contribute.

Back