• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Another free Saturday

Stuart W

A word to the wise is enough
Looks like we will have yet another free Saturday on January 4th, as Gillingham have made the third round of the FA Cup.
Only possibility is playing our away game at Doncaster (which is due to be played on a Tuesday night on Jan 28) as they also will have a free Saturday on the 4th.

Not a bad thing IMO (although these Saturdays without football just aren’t the same!). If we can (for once) shoot out of the blocks with a signing or two at the start of January it’ll give us a few more days to bed them in

For me the recent long break between home fixtures made me feel a bit more optimistic about our next match - I certainly was when arriving for the Oxford game, albeit only briefly !

Does anyone know when Bristol Rovers replay against Plymouth? They’ve got a cup game in the week leading up to our game already, with a 3rd round place to think of might that effect the team selection against us next weekend? Clutching at straws but it may help us...

Does anyone know when Bristol Rovers replay against Plymouth? They’ve got a cup game in the week leading up to our game already, with a 3rd round place to think of might that effect the team selection against us next weekend? Clutching at straws but it may help us...
Should be week on Tuesday/Wednesday

Looks like we will have yet another free Saturday on January 4th, as Gillingham have made the third round of the FA Cup.
Only possibility is playing our away game at Doncaster (which is due to be played on a Tuesday night on Jan 28) as they also will have a free Saturday on the 4th.

Good chance that Donny will be playing at Bolton that day as it had to be re-arranged "as soon as possible". Bolton's opponents, Blackpool are still in the Cup and as our game already has a slot Bolton would take precedence.

Not sure they can arrange the Doncaster v Bolton yet. Surely they must hear the appeal first.

I am concened about cash flow. Only 4 home league games between 27th October and 31st January.

Last edited:
Good chance that Donny will be playing at Bolton that day as it had to be re-arranged "as soon as possible". Bolton's opponents, Blackpool are still in the Cup and as our game already has a slot Bolton would take precedence.

Assuming Bolton bother to turn up.

I think I needed these few weeks off, I was reaching boiling point!! It's been nice not being in a foul mood after 5pm sat until around tues/wed.

Never known us to have so many free weekends

Combination of a number of things:

Bury being thrown out.
Increase in number of matches being called off for International call-ups (there were even two matches called off in the National League South because Hemel Hempstead had three players playing for third rate nations).
Being crap in the Cup as usual.

Was due to be in Weymouth that weekend visiting the inlaws. Can't decide it its a blessing for me or not. Now its on, i'll be able to go, which will more than likely result in me seeing yet another defeat.

Back