• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Its great to see folk on hear are ready to throw the towel in . Pleased to see some on hear are up for the fight we are not the only club going through this and we wont be the last . I believe the season will start with SUFC still hanging on in there with a fall team . I believe it has been said that we have to appear on the 20th of june . But I also read we cant bring in players before the end of june .So an embargo will not do us any damage as long as the bill is payed .And all this talk about the tax man getting pi**ed of with us taking us to court .Again I will remind you of PORTSMOUTH are they out of business NO

It's moving handbags around a dance floor. If they are all owned by the same person with sweet FA to back it up..welcome to the house of cards.

I am quite sure whoever Sainsburys lent monies to would be guaranteed against the ground.They are not that stupid to lend to some other one of RM's companies that was worthless and had no holdings.

Definately They lent it to MD secured against RH, B&L and, iirc, another bit of land in benfleet.
MD are the ones who have lent money to a technically insolvent company (SUFC)

Its great to see folk on hear are ready to throw the towel in . Pleased to see some on hear are up for the fight we are not the only club going through this and we wont be the last . I believe the season will start with SUFC still hanging on in there with a fall team . I believe it has been said that we have to appear on the 20th of june . But I also read we cant bring in players before the end of june .So an embargo will not do us any damage as long as the bill is payed .And all this talk about the tax man getting pi**ed of with us taking us to court .Again I will remind you of PORTSMOUTH are they out of business NO

At least Pompey have a new owner, with renewed hope and optimism amongst the fans. They are the happiest they have been in many years despite dropping down the leagues. And bloody good luck to 'em.

Definately They lent it to MD secured against RH, B&L and, iirc, another bit of land in benfleet.
MD are the ones who have lent money to a technically insolvent company (SUFC)

All owned by the same person...Semantics.

PS: it seems MD are pretty insolvent these days with the debts they carry.

How many leagues did they drop down because of those issues?

We do the same and we will be playing the Dog and Duck on a Sunday morning...

Yes Smiffy Portsmouth have new owners .But how many years did they have to suffer before this happened . And again I repeat the fans stuck by the club through all that **** that was thrown at them and did not just roll over . All I am saying is no matter how many times Portsmouth like us went though the courts the fans kept battling and stuck together so should we .

All owned by the same person...Semantics.

PS: it seems MD are pretty insolvent these days with the debts they carry.

But they are Limited companies so its not really semantics

MD are not insolvent as the assets held (land) just about covers the debt.
But not enough to allow further borrowing

They should have added to the list of stats that have been going up on the official website recently things like
  • How many times Southend United has had winding up orders
  • The distance travelled by Ron to High Court trips
  • Number of times Southend has won (or at least not been wound up)

That last one would make better reading than our home record last year

Yes Smiffy Portsmouth have new owners .But how many years did they have to suffer before this happened . And again I repeat the fans stuck by the club through all that **** that was thrown at them and did not just roll over . All I am saying is no matter how many times Portsmouth like us went though the courts the fans kept battling and stuck together so should we .

Im sure they got pretty ****ed off with it as well.

Not sure what your point is, to just accept it because it worked ok for Pompey ?

It didnt work out well for them, they ended up in the bottom division, if we were to get relegated it could very well kill SUFC, we cant afford to drop divisions like they did.

Wembley was supposed to be the big bandaid to get us through the summer, Ron specifically stated it meant we would break even. Its obvious we havent broken even and even with a massive injection of cash we are still unable to pay bills, and now have 3 months with no match income. Its going to be a very long summer.

But they are Limited companies so its not really semantics

MD are not insolvent as the assets held (land) just about covers the debt.
But not enough to allow further borrowing

Not if all that land has secondary borrowings against it, as it has in this case for sure. Just because it is not in the "Official" accounts yet does not make it real in this current time line. Ltd is of course a way out but it does not make you none the less skint if it all goes tits up.

You maybe can save a few assets that are transferred or not involved in the business.

They should have added to the list of stats that have been going up on the official website recently things like
  • How many times Southend United has had winding up orders
  • The distance travelled by Ron to High Court trips
  • Number of times Southend has won (or at least not been wound up)

That last one would make better reading than our home record last year

It's not a case of winning. While HMRC continue with the winding up order tactic all they are up to is making sure they get their money asap. The time to worry is when they ask for an administration order because the first the club will know about it is when the court appointed administrator walks through the door (in the time it takes for a phone call from the court) and says don't touch anything I'm in charge now.

Tommy whatever happens you can be sure we are all still 100% behind our club.

Don't seem it though John!

All I hear is negativity from you and Smiffy these days

I know it must be disheartening but where's the passion gone boys?

Not having a go just would be nice to see some pals back down the Hall

Then tell us some good news Scott.

What is there to be positive about?

Seriously mate, genuine question...

I think for many the club doesn't feel like the one they started supporting and have done throughout the years. I was passionate even in the Wignall days (Boston at home anyone?) but lately I can see why supporters feel slightly alienated and disillusioned. **** football is part and parcel of being a lower league supporter and loyal fans can accept that. Regular scenarios such as this however is enough to make anyone take a back seat.

Back