• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

shrimperjon

President
Chris Phillips has just tweeted that there is another League Two side after signing Timlin January.

Lets just pray and hope that Tara and their guy talked last night, as suggested on BBC Essex, and have sorted this out. From MT point of view he seems keen to come here and when interviewed B4 last night referred to Southend as us and Swindon as them. Honestly think he could be one of the differences from us going up or not. I think we would have won last night with him in midfield. He provides so much energy and committment, something that we lacked at times last night.

Come Michael sign up!

I bet I know who that other League Two team is...... CRAWLEY maybe?

Was always going to happen, Josh Simpson all over again..

No doubt it will be Crawley - they can afford to pay him monstrous wages and a stupendous signing-on fee, only to let him rot in their reserves...all just to spite us.

****ing crawley.

have to cross our fingers and hope Timlin prefers to actually play.

Frankly I'd be surprised if Timlin will want to swap Di Canio for Evans. Talk about out of the frying pan into the fire -in fact if he does decide to go their he might as well have a spell on loan at Stevenage too and get the badge for playing for arguably the three least popular members of the LMA!

Seriously though if Southend are able to offer him a reasonable deal he would/should stay. Perhaps the possible cancellation of JJ's contract after the club's internal investigation will free up the necesssary wages.

Crawley will no doubt offer to pay all his wages.....I think a lot of us saw this coming...we need to offload big time in Jan to try to get him to stay with us.

He has been a good solid player for us so far this season and would be a great edition to our squad should "Swindon" let him go, but we cannot stop him going anywhere as he is not our player!

I don't know who it is to be fair but i have been told it's not Crawley!

Wouldn't we have first option to sign him? I'd be disappointed if such a clause wasn't agreed with Swindon considering they clearly don't want him back.

More likely Gillingham. But hey the guy LOVES Luggy but yes we do need to offload. Pato namely has to go, maybe JJ too.

would be a hell of a statement of lack of ambition if Timlin went somewhere else !!

Lack of ambition from Timlin i presume you mean ??

PS will know Timlin better than anyone of us, and between himself and Brady they will offer him what they believe him to be worth, if Timlin doesn't agree and feels he's worth more and goes elsewhere we move on and look somewhere else, no longer can this club afford to be held to ransom by greedy players and agents

As I see it were top, he knows he will start here and it seems on the face of things like he gets on with Sturrock.

There are no other clubs at this level massively bigger than us and I think for all those reasons we don't have to worry.

As I see it were top, he knows he will start here and it seems on the face of things like he gets on with Sturrock.

There are no other clubs at this level massively bigger than us and I think for all those reasons we don't have to worry.

Naive. Money talks.

Lack of ambition from Timlin i presume you mean ??

PS will know Timlin better than anyone of us, and between himself and Brady they will offer him what they believe him to be worth, if Timlin doesn't agree and feels he's worth more and goes elsewhere we move on and look somewhere else, no longer can this club afford to be held to ransom by greedy players and agents

Fully agree, although with any luck Timlin will be reasonable in his demands as he clearly likes it here. His comments pre-Swindon yesterday indicate he'd like to stay and was trying to maybe oil the wheels so to speak to get Swindon to play ball. The fact Crawley aren't the side interested is encouraging as they are probably the only ones who can afford to throw stupid money at Swindon with ridiculous wages thrown in. If Crawley were interested there wouldn't be much we could do, a la Josh Simpson they'd just blow us out of the water in terms of transfer fee and salary and Swindon would refuse to do business with us. If the club involved is someone else I'm confident we'll get our man if we can offload one or two in January.

Back