• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tranmere have parted company with M. Adams - desperate times for the club. I feel sorry for the fans.

Burton changed manager when Rowett left but otherwise is it a co-incidence that the top 8 or so clubs (Wycombe, Shrewsbury, Bury, Southend and Stevenage for instance) have all kept their manager for the whole of the season?

It is understandable for frustration and disappointment to be vented by boos at the end of games lost or groans after 90 minutes or poor or little entertainment. And there are some (a few?) on Shrimper Zone who start to argue for the Alice in Wonderland* approach after a few poor results.

It looks to me like almost the whole of the bottom half of the table have changed their manager and yet they are still performing poorly - and at the same time bringing in loan player after loan player.

I'm not convinced that dumping the manager so quickly (as is the current trend) is the right approach.

* "off with their head" said The Queen

Tranmere have parted company with M. Adams - desperate times for the club. I feel sorry for the fans.

Burton changed manager when Rowett left but otherwise is it a co-incidence that the top 8 or so clubs (Wycombe, Shrewsbury, Bury, Southend and Stevenage for instance) have all kept their manager for the whole of the season?

It is understandable for frustration and disappointment to be vented by boos at the end of games lost or groans after 90 minutes or poor or little entertainment. And there are some (a few?) on Shrimper Zone who start to argue for the Alice in Wonderland* approach after a few poor results.

It looks to me like almost the whole of the bottom half of the table have changed their manager and yet they are still performing poorly - and at the same time bringing in loan player after loan player.

I'm not convinced that dumping the manager so quickly (as is the current trend) is the right approach.

Every manager needs 2 full seasons to get his plan across.

The trouble is that Tranmere have only won twice in 17 games, and have not even scored in the last 4. Adams has clearly lost the players and the fans. With 2 games left, they obviously felt they had more chance to escape relegation if he wasn't in charge.

I'd say it's partly because the teams at the top haven't been in a position where they've needed to sack the manager, hence why they're the teams at the top.

Not a cat in hell's chance. Have you seen their last two games!

Bit of a poisoned chalice for whoever takes over at this point in time.

It's a win/win really. The new manager won't really have any hope so fans will accept the relegation but if they do pull it off and remain in L2, the manager will be a forever hero

They're best off planning for the worst case scenario. Get an experienced, Sturrock-esque manager in with a little book of contacts who can be instrumental with the rebuilding job next season, whether that's in League 2 or the Conference.

Such a shame as Tranmere should never have found themselves facing relegation to the Conference with their fan base and history. Makes you realise that Uncle Ron isn't as bad as we often think he is. He's kept us going all this time, performing at a good standard, challenging for promotions and at the same time is focused on building for the future with the new stadium and academy.

Certainly makes you think.

Clubs seem to have no stability these day parting company with managers hear there and ever where . That is the one thing Phil Brown has brought to SOUTHEND UNITED . He changed the training ground .He helped stabiles the club in the poor years .He also brought in longer contracts for players we could ill afford to lose for nothing .The only thing he has not given us is promotion YET . Lets hope this season is our season and Phil Brown stays .

^
Exactly this.

There's a lot of off-field things that go un-noticed possibly. We are extremely fit. Come Saturday, we'd have played 5 games in 14 days at the a*se end of the season.

Yesterday, we kept going right until the end.

I would be the first to say he's tinkered a little too much with systems and sometimes set-up a bit too negatively at home. 4-5-1 can be an attacking formation, sometimes, but it requires midfield players to get beyond the target man, rather than playing square and chipping crosses in.

That said, the adjustment to 4-4-2 has worked and one thing is for sure, our lot are playing for the manager lock, stock & barrel, whereas Tranmere were a mess last week, arguing with each other and a few people hiding as well, for me.

^
Exactly this.

There's a lot of off-field things that go un-noticed possibly. We are extremely fit. Come Saturday, we'd have played 5 games in 14 days at the a*se end of the season.

Yesterday, we kept going right until the end.

I would be the first to say he's tinkered a little too much with systems and sometimes set-up a bit too negatively at home. 4-5-1 can be an attacking formation, sometimes, but it requires midfield players to get beyond the target man, rather than playing square and chipping crosses in.

That said, the adjustment to 4-4-2 has worked and one thing is for sure, our lot are playing for the manager lock, stock & barrel, whereas Tranmere were a mess last week, arguing with each other and a few people hiding as well, for me.

You make a number of good points.

A number of teams are in a poor financial situation and then splash out more money on terminating the manager's contract and bringing in another ......... unless the manager is a complete doughnut and has lost the confidence of the players, wouldn't that money be better spent in supporting the current manager?

What happened to tenacity, persistance and resolve?

Yep, exactly.

PB hasn't done everything right this season, particularly at home, but I'd take where we are now if asked in August.

As someone mentioned a while back, Dave Smith took us down in 1979-80, but kept his job and the following season we won 19 home games out of 23 and drew the other 4, letting in 6 goals all season and got promoted.

We currently have the makings of a very strong side which, if not this season, I'd be amazed if we don't go up some point soon.

Decent manager at this level though, Mickey Adams. 4 promotions on his CV I think. If Tranmere ARE going down, they aren't going to appoint a manager with a better CV for next year.

I hope they go down there supporters were discusting after we beat them on the way out the ground nasty scousers

I hope they go down there supporters were discusting after we beat them on the way out the ground nasty scousers
We have to still face them last game of season.Normally not the safest of places for independent travelling supporters on a normal crowd day.It will be bedlum if its a full house (if they need a win to stay up).
Its a scouse/manc thing.

It's a last desperate roll of the dice from Tranmere. I don't think you can blame them for that, on current form there's no way they'd have escaped. It's a case of "nothing to lose" IMHO at this stage.

I dont mind if Hartlepool drop out - Ronnie Moore's never had a good word to say about us wherever he's been manager.

Back