• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Another Missile, Another Death

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
Missile

It's amazing what you can find on the internet when you look...I certainly don't remember this being on the news here. They actually targetted a school bus.

I don't notice the media getting overly hysterical about Jews being killed by these sort of missiles. Now if it were poor innocent Libyan Muslims on the receiving end....

Any coachload of kids being targetted bloody well should be reported and actions taken, it's barbaric.

Maybe i'm mistaken, but I didn't see this reported, hence me putting it on here.

Here's a post from pounce_uk, posting on David Vance's Biased BBC Blog:

'The bBC, and the diference between a Grad missile fired by Gadiffi and one fired by Hamas.

How often have you heard the bBC report on a Grad rocket fired from Gaza into Israel? 1,10,100 times? Here is how the they reported on the Grad over the weekend:

“As well as cluster munitions there have been a number of reports that Libyan forces are using the Soviet-designed Grad rocket system in their bombardment of Misrata. The Grad, which launches multiple rockets from mobile launchers, has been blamed for a number of civilian deaths in recent days, including eight people in a bread queue. Reuters news agency reported large numbers of Grads fired into Misrata on Saturday.The BBC's Jon Leyne, in the eastern rebel stronghold of Benghazi, says the Grad is another indiscriminate weapon that - while not illegal - could be even deadlier than cluster bombs.”
Now, when was the last time you heard the bBC describe the Grad rockets used against Israel as deadlier than cluster bombs? I heard them described as ineffective, I’ve heard the bBC promote the view that they are ineffective , but I’ve never heard them classify the Iranian made Grad as lethal as a cluster bomb? Why is that? Could it be because so few Israelis living near the border have been injured or even killed? But the reason for that is, simply because Israel has invested in bomb shelters. In which to protect its people,which really shouldn’t take anything away from the destructive nature of the ordnance being used against the people of Israel. Yet for the bBC it does, unless of course the missiles in question are being aimed at..Muslims.'

To be honest Rusty I think thats more down to the western press and their "enthusiasm" to slate all things Ghadaffi than any pro palestinian feeling.

Are you serious? You really don't think there is an anti-Israeli/pro-Palestinian bias at the BBC? That's staggering.

Are you serious? You really don't think there is an anti-Israeli/pro-Palestinian bias at the BBC? That's staggering.

Tricky isn't it . As genuinely (and no this isn't conspiracy ) a large Jewish contingent has been influential at board level for the BBC . Grades and Yentobs aside , could it simply be they report this more on the world service and we are missing it ? Remember a national news agency is supposed to report more on its home (I.e BBC home news ) then foreign internal affairs ? (devils advocate here im not saying I agree)

I have to say these posts by LB have highlighted how (seemingly) biased the BBC is in it's handling of the continual middle east conflict. Very eye opening.

I have to say these posts by LB have highlighted how (seemingly) biased the BBC is in it's handling of the continual middle east conflict. Very eye opening.

They probably don't think they are being biased. The BBC world view is that all fair minded individuals should regard Israel as a rogue occupying power and that its people are fair game to the noble Palestinian freedom fighters. Anybody who disagrees is a militant Zionist and Islamophobe.

And what if I told you I know of a number of other "incidents" that I haven't even bothered with?

The reason I have put these on there, and will continue to do so, is so that when Israel finally gives in and re-enters Gaza (for example) you'll all know the provocation it had been under. You'll hopefully therefore understand that Israel isn't being unnecessarily aggressive, as it will no doubt be portrayed.

Last edited:
Back