• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Another one to start some controversy......maybe.

Bielzibubz

President
Has just been reported on BBC South East that a Muslim woman/young lady is suing a hairdressing salon she had a job interview with because she was denied that job because she would refuse to take off her head scarf if she was to be successful in gaining that job. She states that she is perfectly able to do the job regardless of what she's waring on her head and the decision taken by the salon owner not to hire her is based purely on racial grounds.

The owner of the salon, in her defence, has said that in order to do the job properly any employee hired by her is required to sell the product. Something she insists the Muslim woman wouldn't be able to do properly whilst waring her head scarf. She said she'd have come to the same decision if it had been a baseball cap, a straw hat or any other form of head ware worn by a prospective employee turning up for an interview.

My own personal opinion, for what it's worth, is that this is yet another story of one person making out to be the victim of a much wider perceived discrimination in order to feel like the victim they seem to like to be portrayed as.

I'm not in the least bit racist but the way in which some people see themselves as victims and pick up on anything remotely to do with their creed, color or ethnicisity and turn it into something with far darker overtones to suit their feelings of victim hood is very worrying and if we're honest it's something we as right minded thinking people can do little about.

Create honest debate about it and your classed as racist. Keep your mouth shut and your seen as not caring and the problem propagates itself.

Discuss.........

Nothing wrong with honest debate and though I disagree with some of your points don't think they are racist.
Can't see how wearing a headscarf and so not advertising the prduct prevents her acting as a hairdresser - can't say I choose my barber on the basis of his hairstyle or lack of it.
I do have more of a problem personally with the full body covering but this doesn't sound like what the person involved wanted to wear.
Would agree that there is a trend for people to regard themselves as victims but wouldn't say this is confined to one ethnic or religious group, seems more of a wider problem

Would agree that there is a trend for people to regard themselves as victims but wouldn't say this is confined to one ethnic or religious group, seems more of a wider problem

That's more or less what my original post was eluding to. Not the finer details of the story as such but the wider problems of individuals, no mater what their religion, creed or color, picking up on non stories and events and turning them into something there not purely to alleviate their own feelings of being outside of society and a victim of something racial in some way when in reality their not.

Jumping on the "the employer must be a racist" bandwagon for me. She would say she could do the job, who wouldnt. You are hardly going to get a sniff of any job saying "well I cant actually do the job".

These people are just using it as an excuse to stir up hatred. If you cant do the job then tough. Get on with it and stop playing the race card to try and get a load of money out of it by suing.

If someone made it clear to these people that they cant go round getting what they want just by playing the race card the better.

I travel to Edinburgh quite alot and get called all sorts of stuff about being English by my work colleagues.....I think we with a brain call it banter...you give it you take you get on with it. Those that dont already have a chip on their shoulder.

that girl has done herself no favours now. whenever she applies for a job, the company will see her name and steer well clear of her in fear she'll be out to sue them if they "upset" her...absolutely ridiculous.

feel sorry for the owner of the business!

Absolutely shocking and unfortunately that ****s from The Racial Equality Commission will jump on the bandwagon and back her with as much weight as they can.

I, and I hope the majority off reasonable people like me, will do as Scott did and say, "get the **** out of MY country!"

I've been accused of being a leftie on here for some of my views in the past, but I have to say that I'm on the side of the employer in this case.

All employers are entitled to set standards of dress and appearance that they expect their staff to maintain - especially ones that are dealing with customers.

Now of course there is no evidence that this young lady is an immigrant - it just says she's a Muslim but she could be born and bred here. However if she is then I'm in agreement - if you are not happy with the way we are in this country then go to a country who's laws and customs you do agree with. Even if you're not an immigrant you have to accept that respect works both ways, as much as your religious views should be respected you should respect the laws and customs of the country you live in.

In approximately six months time I shall be living in Australia and will have to accept and intergrate into the Aussie way of live. If I started dictating that the locals change to suit me then they will be perfectly entitled to say (and definitely would say) - 'f*** off back to England'.

Last edited:
After hearing the interview with the young Muslim woman I'd have to say she was born and bred here. She spoke without a hint of an accent.

I really hope she doesn't win this case as the salon owner has already spent over £1000 defending the case before it was decided to take it a racial discrimination court. If the salon owner does lose this fight she says her business will go under with the loss of employment for her staff.

And apart from that, should this young Muslim woman win her case it can only serve to open the floodgates to all those others out there who feel they are the subject of some kind of racial prejudice who are just waiting in the wings to be given the chance to subjugate and bend the laws and traditions of this land to the benefit of their own politically and racially motivated ideas and beliefs.

I'm all in favor of a tolerant and a multi-culturally mixed and diverse society but a line has to be drawn in the sand somewhere. They want equality in our society and they want to live with the freedoms our country affords them and yet by their own actions they only serve to alienate themselves even more.

*steps down from soap box and waits for the pi$$heads to return from the pub*

Last edited:
Do as your told or **** off out the country

Totally an 100% agree...Go to the middle east etc and women have to stay covered up...if our rules are take your headscarf or burka off, do as we would do in the middle east and play by the rules...

Back