• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Another Reason to Hate Leeds

Taken from BBC Sport Chants of the Week:

"We forgot all five of you were here!"
Leeds fans to Southend's small travelling contingent.

(Glyn Baverstock, England).

We isn't that nice of them. I heard the atmosphere in the away end was actually quite good, and 150 up to Leeds on a Tuesday night when we've won one league game since October (when we beat them) isn't that bad. Just another reason to hate Leeds, I suppose! I can think of a much better song that should make Chant of the Week every week:

"We all hate Leeds scum, we all hate Leeds scum etc"
Sung by every football club's fans, to each other in harmony.

It's always a beautful moment - I love singing that chant. It seems to have a bit more power whenever we play a northern side for obvious reasons, so let's get it going again tonight!

We isn't that nice of them. I heard the atmosphere in the away end was actually quite good, and 150 up to Leeds on a Tuesday night when we've won one league game since October (when we beat them) isn't that bad. Just another reason to hate Leeds, I suppose! I can think of a much better song that should make Chant of the Week every week:

It's always a beautful moment - I love singing that chant. It seems to have a bit more power whenever we play a northern side for obvious reasons, so let's get it going again tonight!

Sorry but I don't agree. The first one is just banter and shouldn't really be taken as patronising as we dish out the same most weeks to other teams. It's just part and parcel of football and football would be much duller if chants like that didn't exist! However you look at it, they are a big club and dwarf pretty much every other team's support in the division (apart from Leicester perhaps?).

As for "we all hate Leeds scum", I quite enjoy the chant and it's quite amusing that pretty much any northern team's fans will join in whenever it starts up but I really think our efforts are much better placed supporting our own team, especially as we aren't even playing Leeds tonight!

Last edited:
Fair point - maybe I'm taking them too seriously! I'm sure our fans did us proud there anyway, as usual.

Plus you're correct that we should back our own boys rather than focus on hating Leeds - and in fact, isn't Tilson a Leeds fan himself? So I don't think he'd be joining in with the chants!

I personally don't hate Leeds, I could never hate a club which has given me such a good laugh over the last six or seven years.

I've hated Leeds ever since none of their fans bothered turning up to the Fans United Day for York City. Fans from all over the country turned up, even I believe from York's bitter rivals Scarborough, but I didn't see one Leeds shirt or scarf that day - quite unusual as York was normally full of them.

How I laughed when the same issues that York City were demonstrating against befell Leeds.

I keep reading we haven't won in the league since October...did I just dream the Northampton win then?!

Back