• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

McNasty

I heard tonight of another Shrimper who has passed away.

Derek Crabb died today shortly before his 80th birthday. He wasn't a member of the Zone but had been a fan for many many years, attending games until ill-health stopped him.

He did make it to Wembley last year which, like many of us, was a life-long wish.

RIP Del.

God bless you Derek, was a lovely man. Together with Pam once again. RIP Derek and keep supporting SUFC from above.

I don't think I knew him, but always sad to hear of the loss of another SUFC supporter. RIP Derek, my deepest condolences to his family and friends.

I didn't know him but it is always sad when we lose another Shrimper. RIP Derek and our thoughts are with your family and friends at this sad time.

RIP Derek, I used to live across the road from Pam and Derek for nearly 20 years, both the nicest people you'd ever meet. From what I've heard Derek passed away recovering from surgery.

Sleep well Derek. I didn't know you but as OBL said, it's always sad to learn of the passing of a fellow Shrimper.

RIP Derek, as said before always sad to lose another fellow Shrimper. We have lost some really good people recently :'(

Hi

It's really nice seeing so many kind word said about my Dad Derek Crabb, He was a life long supporter of the blues. He was 6 years old when he saw his first game and was really proud to go to Wembley Last year with my younger brother Gordon. One of his other recent highlights was when I took him and my grandson to a game earlier this season so there were 4 generations of us at the same game. It was fitting that I went to the Oxford game just a few days before he passed away and was able to take the programme to him in hospital and tell him about the game

Hi

It's really nice seeing so many kind word said about my Dad Derek Crabb, He was a life long supporter of the blues. He was 6 years old when he saw his first game and was really proud to go to Wembley Last year with my younger brother Gordon. One of his other recent highlights was when I took him and my grandson to a game earlier this season so there were 4 generations of us at the same game. It was fitting that I went to the Oxford game just a few days before he passed away and was able to take the programme to him in hospital and tell him about the game

Honestly made me happy reading this, lovely to hear all that. Condolences to you and the family and friends of a proper southend supporter. Welcome to forum.

Hi

Firstly, my condolences, cj.

I didn't know your Dad but it's families like yours that are the soul of our club; that make it, and football, so special; generation following generation.
I remember going to games with my father and grandfather, my sons attended with me and both their grandfathers, sadly, it's now just me and the boys, but they are memories I and now they treasure and bonds that will never be broken.

well I could get use to posting on here, which I should have done ages ago. After showing both my brother and sister all the kind comments that have been posted about dad, we have decided at his funeral that anyone attending does not wear black but of course Blue & white, indeed my brother and myself along with his Grandsons and other close relatives will be wearing Southend shirts of one description or another. We felt that dad would be totally in agreement with our decision, as after our Mum The Blues were his second love. All the best to all fellow supporters & UTB

well I could get use to posting on here, which I should have done ages ago. After showing both my brother and sister all the kind comments that have been posted about dad, we have decided at his funeral that anyone attending does not wear black but of course Blue & white, indeed my brother and myself along with his Grandsons and other close relatives will be wearing Southend shirts of one description or another. We felt that dad would be totally in agreement with our decision, as after our Mum The Blues were his second love. All the best to all fellow supporters & UTB

A wonderful idea! As you might know, my brother-in-law passed away recently, and we were overwhelmed by messages of support from Southend fans. One thing I did do is write to the club to put a message in the programme, so we have that for posterity.

Back