• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Another Striker to look at?

Note Parky's parting comment:

<span style='color:blue'>&quot;Apparently, some other club has given him the money he is looking for, so that&#39;s it.&quot;</span>

How happy would I be if that were us...?&#33;

tounge.gif
laugh.gif

I was on the Bradford City messageboard earlier (checking parking facilities near Valley Parade) &amp; they reckon they might be in the market for him.

Yes, it would be cool if we nicked a Col U target from under there noses by outpricing them but remember this guy has extremely limited league experience&#33; Not all ManU castoffs go on to great things&#33;

If he&#39;s got limited experience in competetive league games then I doubt we&#39;d pay top dollar for him. as glasgowsufc said, not all prospects from the top clubs go on to play at league level.

If it is us, though, it would be extremely amusing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ July 29 2005,16:10)]Not all ManU castoffs go on to great things&#33;
Marek Szmid for a kick off

but once again he is a young player. Its all well and good building for the future but we still need an experienced head upfront.

I wouldnt rule him out... I wouldnt mind betting those saying &#39;no thanks&#39; havent seen him play

rock.gif

If Tilly think he&#39;s good enough, he&#39;ll sign him. And if he signs he&#39;ll have my backing and I have confidence enough in Tilly and Brush to say that means he&#39;s good enough.

I&#39;d like to hear a few alternative suggestions from the &#39;no thanks&#39; brigade....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ July 29 2005,18:38)]I wouldnt rule him out... I wouldnt mind betting those saying &#39;no thanks&#39; havent seen him play

rock.gif

If Tilly think he&#39;s good enough, he&#39;ll sign him. And if he signs he&#39;ll have my backing and I have confidence enough in Tilly and Brush to say that means he&#39;s good enough.

I&#39;d like to hear a few alternative suggestions from the &#39;no thanks&#39; brigade....
I have seen him play, and i have given other suggestions. He is not the right player for us.

To be fair, Tilson&#39;s tried to get someone experienced in (Owusu, Greenacre, Goater, Beckett) and failed. Who else is out there who&#39;s experienced and also good? We may be forced to just look for someone who isn&#39;t quite as experienced but just as good.

From what I&#39;ve hear of himl he&#39;s very quick and a very tidy finisher indeed. Probably what United saw in him I&#39;d guess but perhaps he didn&#39;t add enough to the rest of his game.

I&#39;d have to go with the ST/PB judgement on this one.

Back