• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Davros

The Whippet
http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/gender-free-uk-passports-mooted

surely a debate that doesnt need to be had, and research that doesnt need to be done, all to panda to about 0.001% of the UK population.

While there at it, take DOB off of there, as surely asking that is ageist!

There are far more pressing issues that need money spent on research in this country than what boxes you can tick on a passport application.

Im all for gender free passports,it will keep the chaps on border checks guessing when i rock up looking all fat hairy and bauld wether im a male or female..

FFS! Why try and fix something that's not broke all the time? Current system is fine, any official documentation should carry differentiation, if it offends a tiny percentage then tough! Grow some......or not as the case may be!

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/gender-free-uk-passports-mooted

surely a debate that doesnt need to be had, and research that doesnt need to be done, all to panda to about 0.001% of the UK population.

While there at it, take OBD off of there, as surely asking that is ageist!

There are far more pressing issues that need money spent on research in this country than what boxes you can tick on a passport application.

OI! I don't need to go anywhere!

What a weird weird debate. I'm not really for or against it.

'This is just the sort of thing that some overgrown ex-public schoolboy would dream up in an attempt to justify his existence.'

That sums it up! Almost wrote it myself until I read that on the comments!

unfortunately these consultations are a huge part of any work that you do that's vaguely related to the govt. we have to do them all the time for health research and it's a pain in the arse. it's all part of the 'i should get a say' philosophy of the general population. much like this thread really!

my colleague was moaning last night in the pub how he's just finished writing a huge report about prostate cancer, and after consultation he had to go through and take out every mention of 'man/male' and change to 'person with prostate cancer' due to the transgender issue.:nope:

Another thought, can't imagine other countries being too keen on this.

America for example.

Just put 'Tranny' on the passport we know where we are with that!

Why not go a step further.

How about well all make our own passports? I'm sure Apple would create a nice little App to facilitate the ease of such an idea!

Another thought, can't imagine other countries being too keen on this.

America for example.

Just put 'Tranny' on the passport we know where we are with that!

I bet Australia would have some great terms for such situations. They often seem to say it as it is!

going slightly off topic when we returned back at Heathrow a couple of weeks ago we used the new digital self-scanning passport control. it wa great, no queues and straight through

I bet Australia would have some great terms for such situations. They often seem to say it as it is!

if you read the article you would note the reason for this debate is because Australia have brought in this system...

going slightly off topic when we returned back at Heathrow a couple of weeks ago we used the new digital self-scanning passport control. it wa great, no queues and straight through

Manchester has had this for ages!:smile:

:winking:

Back