• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Another Wolf

Southbank_Wolf

Hi there, decided to register to ask a couple of questions about Freddie and also to keep you updated on his progress over the next season if you are interested in being informed.

I've read some crap on here the last few weeks, some from wolves fans and some from Southend fans, personally i couldn't care less whether you hate us or not, Southend have no significance to me other than we've just signed Freddie, i also have teams that i hate, some for valid reasons, i.e. the albion and some just because i hate them and i don't know why.

So what are his strengths and weaknesses and what will he bring to our game.
On the wings we have Kightly and Jarvis, the latter i know nothing about but Kightly is a diamond, he gets plenty of balls into the box.
Alongside Freddie will obviously be Keogh, one of the hardest working strikers i've seen for ages, never gives up a ball and is allways running, can you see Freddie fitting in.

What of the rumours i've heard about his drinking and bare knuckle fighting, hopefully a load of crap.

As i said feel free to ask anything you want over the season about him and if you want me to keeop you informed i will.

Well, here are some pros and cons I came up with yesterday - no doubt other Shrimpers will add to mine - or disagree with them!

Freddy's pros
------------

Plays "head up" so is always looking for and finding space.
Really quick footballing brain.
Will change direction and angle of attack on a sixpence.
Hits the ball really, really hard - needs little time or backlift.
Tries things that wouldn't cross most players' minds.
Knows where the back of the net is - a career record with us of a goal every other game.
Is a crowd-pleaser in terms of his goals - he scores the sorts of goals that get you off your seat, jumping for joy.
A good footballer - really comfortable with the ball at his feet.
Is willing to learn from senior pros he trusts - for instance, there was no hiding his huge admiration for The Goat when he was here, and so he learned off him.

Cons
-----

Fast - but not lightning quick
Can occasionally seem lazy - although this is unfair, he has a laconic, rather than a bustling style.
Minimal aerial threat - needs it on the deck.
Occasionally tries to do too much, rather than the simple thing.
Not a "fox in the box" - most of his goals are produced from runs starting outside the box.

i dont think the bare knuckle fighting is true, he had a bandage on his hand for a couple of games which is where that rumour came from i think, and his drinking, well i think he likes a drink but from what ive seen it doesn't get out of hand, i would imagine this wolves move is a dream come true for eastwood so i dont think he would throw it away,

His strengths are his lethal finishing, ability to take players on, has an eye for a good pass and can create something from nothing.

Weaknesses....well he can't header but wont hold that against him and although he looks lazy I don't think he necessarily is, most of the time.

He should fit in to your team no worries, getting supply from the wide men will help obviously but he's scored so many individual goals for us all we had to do was give him the ball!

Having played at CCC level defenders will know about him now so he may he to adapt a while but he should be a great signing for you....you lucky bar stewards! :D

Alongside Freddie will obviously be Keogh, one of the hardest working strikers i've seen for ages, never gives up a ball and is allways running, can you see Freddie fitting in.

What of the rumours i've heard about his drinking and bare knuckle fighting, hopefully a load of crap.
Freddy is no puritan, but I wouldn't say he drinks too much - as much as most other players, really. He'll train hard and he'll want to impress - he has told a mutual contact of his & mine that he's really impressed with the facilities at Molineux, and that he's really looking forward to getting stuck into training.

The bare knuckle fighting is b*llox, I think - someone has obviously been watching "Snatch" a little too much, recently! Yes, he is a Romany - he has got a horse & cart and does live in a caravan - but he's not some wild eyed nutter. He's a down to earth lad with magic in his boots, that's all.

And do keep us posted on his progres... in the Ex-Shrimpers Forum!

Cheers, and best of luck to Freddy & Kights up at Molineux this season.

Matt

People have mixed views on his teamwork ethic on here.

I've seen him set up some tap ins after doing all the hard work, yet equally as he got more and more frustrated last season I saw him taking it that one yard too far when a simple lay off might have got us a goal. But he still got a lot of our assists looking at his stats

It'll be interesting to see how he develops alongside a striker of significant ability, and whether this was down to frustration at the lack of options or slight selfishness on his part...

But otherwise, he's simply the best player I've seen at SUFC in my years (I never saw Collymore peeps) and a potentially awe-inspiring footballer

The bare knuckle fighting is b*llox, I think - someone has obviously been watching "Snatch" a little too much, recently!

Lol, that came about as someone slated him said he had been fighting with other gypsy types and should put the club first. I tongue in cheek said he didnt expect to have to turn up to training as he was bare knuckle boxing......

Back