• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tough one this. If Granty came back he'd expect to start. Who would he displace in the side? No doubting he's a good player but I think there's other areas we should be focusing on first.

If he was going for free I'd snap him up, but their chairman seems certain that they won't sell on the cheap and our tight budget would be best served on other areas of the team. Before I read the article I was set to say no due to his age, then I released Granty is only 29!! Seems like his been around for ages!

Been discussed in other threads, the general consensus I think is yes, but we don't really have a place for him, or do we?

He would definitely command a fee, as he is still under contract. Vale fans initially thought it was a bigger club such as Coventry or Sheffield Utd that was (illegally) chasing him, hence the personal transfer request.
However the latest rumour doing the rounds, is that he wants to play championship football & that it is newly promoted Burton that have either approached him or his agent.

Another story that looks to be true is that Port Vale's very recent Ex - Manager Rob Page, who is now with Northampton Town, put in a bid for Grant today, but the chairman turned down as it was a "pathetic offer", and "not enough to fuel his car for a year"!

Local paper interview here:

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/port...-a-year-8217/story-29529711-detail/story.html

Last edited:
I'd re-sign him but I don't know how he'd fit with Leonard and Wordsworth in the middle...

It makes me think what my starting 11 would be, made up of former players, still playing. Possible thread?

Yes................but not much point considering it, because it won't happen. Vale not keen to let him go and will demand a reasonable fee............we would pay little more than nothing, even if we would consider bringing him in.

Nice fella... I remember he was injured for the daggers game and sat in front of us with the fans and ate 4 packets of large haribo's & four packet of crisps. He did offer them around.

I'd take him back in a flash, quality through and through. Plus, can you imagine the sheer volume of free kicks we'd win with him and Lenny in the team?

Nope. We have a strong midfield. Did we not get relegated from league 1 with a midfield of moussa grant and mccormack?

Would 100% have him back and I have no doubts that he would make the 1st 11 more often than not. Would only pay a nominal fee for him though and I don't think Vale would take that, so probably best to move on and use funds on a decent CB

Yes, swap him for Will Atkinson.

Unfortunately it wouldn't work like that, and we don't have room/finances for another central midfielder.

if he is better than what we already have why would we not want to sign him and try and offload someone else ? Port vale player of the season (depsite getting banned for 5 matches for 15 yellows ) - but not good enough for us - I dont think so

Like others, I have a massive amount of respect for him for staying here when he clearly could have gone to club playing ing in the 1st division or championship. I can't see people talking about Jack Payne in 4 years time with the same about of love as Anthony Grant is getting.

No thanks we have a strong midfield now without adding to it .Also we now have a midfielder in the fall over to gain a free kick . Lenny has got the Grant skills of to a tea .:smile:

Back