• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

.... and some have to earn it more than others ?

Not sure what you mean by that. By his own admission Grant's been off colour of late, he wasn't getting as stuck into tackles as we know he can and with the goals drying up aswell he wasn't bringing a lot to the party.

So lets just think about it. You're dropped and I'm playing youngsters instead of you. But hey we want you to stay, you are our best player? It's not rocket science.

I am hoping that maybe he was just tired having been the catalyst and the best player in our midfield all season - and maybe just had a game off - if he was dropped, and this becomes a regular occurence, then it is my opinion that he will seek his future employment elsewhere - please explain your problem with this?

So you've gone from "definitely ensure" to "it is my opinion". You're right, it's not rocket science.

What facts and what players? You have quoted it, so lets hear it?

If you have an opinion of Granty that's fine - but unless you can back up what is written then all you are doing is rubbishing a player. So what are the facts and what players have said it?

If I had wanted to reveal the players that said that I would have done straight away.
My opinion on Granty is that he is a great player and that bears no relevance to the point I made above

Seems I have touched a nerve. Please keep your source to yourself Magnum wouldn't want to embarass any other player.

I come on here to discuss fact and opinions. I will write and give my fullest and frankest opinion on any subject regarding the club I support. I do not agree to posters writing 'fairey tales' and 'unsubstantiated facts' just because they can. If you cannot back up a written statement, then you should not have written it.

If you want to rubbish a player, then do it because he has had a crap game and mark him as such. Do not make unsubtantiated statements about them as individuals, it is unfair to them, they are our players.

Seems I have touched a nerve. Please keep your source to yourself Magnum wouldn't want to embarass any other player.

I come on here to discuss fact and opinions. I will write and give my fullest and frankest opinion on any subject regarding the club I support. I do not agree to posters writing 'fairey tales' and 'unsubstantiated facts' just because they can. If you cannot back up a written statement, then you should not have written it.

If you want to rubbish a player, then do it because he has had a crap game and mark him as such. Do not make unsubtantiated statements about them as individuals, it is unfair to them, they are our players.

Good for you Travelling Blue.

Just because I have made an unsubstantiated statement doesnt mean it isn't true.
The response was not meant to be a dig at Anthony Grant who I am a big fan of (just in case you missed it the first time), merely a reaction to some comments made about Anthony Grant and the detail in the thread which seemed fairly relevant to me.

FACT - Some players dont think as highly of Granty as the fans do
OPINION - I disagree with the FACT

Good for you Travelling Blue.

Just because I have made an unsubstantiated statement doesnt mean it isn't true.
The response was not meant to be a dig at Anthony Grant who I am a big fan of (just in case you missed it the first time), merely a reaction to some comments made about Anthony Grant and the detail in the thread which seemed fairly relevant to me.

FACT - Some players dont think as highly of Granty as the fans do
OPINION - I disagree with the FACT

You see you start off your reply condoning making unsubstantiated statements - I don't care if it is true or not - it should not be posted if you cannot substantiate it.

I agree with you about Granty, I believe him to be the best midfielder at this club and has been for the whole season.

Then you go and ruin it by stating a FACT that you cannot substantiate, why?

We are going to have to agree to disagree here - this could go on forever. If you have a FACT then share it with us and substantiate it, simples.

Off to Crew in exactly 2 minutes - will read your reply after - laters.

Pointless discussion as the only thing I can add to this is who made the statement, and I have no intention of saying that
Enjoy the game Travelling Blue. I cannot make it tonight.

It might be a bit negative but I think Grant has been found out a bit recently (well since Xmas)...teams know now how to play against him now and he can be bullied and tends then to drift out of games (Gillingham is a example).

That's not so say that he is not a good player at all...but league 2 where you have less time on the ball, 6'5" players kicking lumps out you and pitches that don't always suit his core passing and movement game. Add to the fact that to be competitive in this league you need to have a very structured play ( less about fair because of the quality of players around you)...I think all the above has contributed to what we are seeing...he would thrive more in Championship and not look out of place at all.

You see you start off your reply condoning making unsubstantiated statements - I don't care if it is true or not - it should not be posted if you cannot substantiate it.

I agree with you about Granty, I believe him to be the best midfielder at this club and has been for the whole season.

Then you go and ruin it by stating a FACT that you cannot substantiate, why?

We are going to have to agree to disagree here - this could go on forever. If you have a FACT then share it with us and substantiate it, simples.

Off to Crew in exactly 2 minutes - will read your reply after - laters.

Blimey, if every post were substantiated there'd only be about one valid post a day here.

So lets just think about it. You're dropped and I'm playing youngsters instead of you. But hey we want you to stay, you are our best player? It's not rocket science.

I am hoping that maybe he was just tired having been the catalyst and the best player in our midfield all season - and maybe just had a game off - if he was dropped, and this becomes a regular occurence, then it is my opinion that he will seek his future employment elsewhere - please explain your problem with this?

i guess you have answered your own question, you are now stating an opinion which is fine and makes total sense to me , however in your original post to which I responded you comments were stated as facts not opinions. Re read what you posted, and then put it in the context of what you accuse others of doing.

hope that is clearer

Back