• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
initially surprised to see him not starting - is he carrying a injury ?

but I enjoyed his Lincoln preview interview on BW - says he is in touch with Scott (I don't like the man Sturrock) Spencer and Paterson - who were apparently banished to training with the youths -

was he just having a laugh or winding up the boss - makes you wonder ...

has Ferdinand signed anything ?

Granty was obviously dropped today I thought. And it then looked like he was brought on tactically replacing Easton, which I thought showed a lot of balls from PS, managers don't usually make decisions like that.

In the words of Jay Z 'Onto the next one'!

His form hasn't been great recently, so personally wasn't surprised.
I thought Easton came off limping? or was that just the way he was running... :s

Granty was obviously dropped today I thought. And it then looked like he was brought on tactically replacing Easton, which I thought showed a lot of balls from PS, managers don't usually make decisions like that.

In the words of Jay Z 'Onto the next one'!

Easton injured apparently

initially surprised to see him not starting - is he carrying a injury ?

but I enjoyed his Lincoln preview interview on BW - says he is in touch with Scott (I don't like the man Sturrock) Spencer and Paterson - who were apparently banished to training with the youths -

was he just having a laugh or winding up the boss - makes you wonder ...

has Ferdinand signed anything ?

Thought he could have been a bit more positive about Tilly.

Grant's been poor recentley and I'm glad Sturrock dropped him, gave him a kick up the backside and he looked a bit livlier when he came on.

Its been noticabale that Grants form has deteriorated as other players have found their feet around him(Easton, Ferdinand for example). Could it be that Grant enjoyed being 'the main man'? I'd like to see him being given a little run up front - he's got an eye for a goal, pacey and wins more freekicks than the whole team put together!

Anthony Grant is the best player in this team. He is the one solid, always present factor which has got us to where we are in this league. So he's had a couple of below standard performances - so what - it was a rubbish decision to drop him yesterday, and I believe Tilly saying that it 'gave his team a lift' knowing he was not starting.

Grant is miles better than Easton, Ferdinand and Sawyer. Sawyer just hasn't produce anything for me yet.

Anthony Grant is the best player in this team. He is the one solid, always present factor which has got us to where we are in this league. So he's had a couple of below standard performances - so what - it was a rubbish decision to drop him yesterday, and I believe Tilly saying that it 'gave his team a lift' knowing he was not starting.

Grant is miles better than Easton, Ferdinand and Sawyer. Sawyer just hasn't produce anything for me yet.

Agree with that, but I thought that Sawyer had a good game yesterday and was starting to show some of the form that he produced in his first loan spell here.

Agree with that, but I thought that Sawyer had a good game yesterday and was starting to show some of the form that he produced in his first loan spell here.

This is a little surreal Chapperz - we've agreed twice in one day!

I still don't quite see it with Sawyer. I think he's too lightweight, but only game after game after game will give him the confidence to get out there and really show us what he's got. A run of say a dozen games and I believe there's a good player in there.

Some of the other players disagree with you. As I have mentioned on here before Grant is not as popular in the dressing room as he is with the fans

Some of the other players disagree with you. As I have mentioned on here before Grant is not as popular in the dressing room as he is with the fans

Interesting, I was sure that Granty (although a little precious at times) is well liked by the rest of the squad?

I was very disappointed to not see him in the starting 11 - he is by far a better player than the rest of the midfield, and if PS is struggling to bring any players into the club then upsetting more of his current squad isn't good man managment imho!

Interesting, I was sure that Granty (although a little precious at times) is well liked by the rest of the squad?

I was very disappointed to not see him in the starting 11 - he is by far a better player than the rest of the midfield, and if PS is struggling to bring any players into the club then upsetting more of his current squad isn't good man managment imho!

He certainly hasn't been far better than the rest of the midfield in recent weeks, so dropping him to provoke a reaction is probably good man management.

I've suggested before that he doesn't appear to be a particularly popular squad member, especially now some of his chums have moved on. I fully expect him to move on in the summer.

He certainly hasn't been far better than the rest of the midfield in recent weeks, so dropping him to provoke a reaction is probably good man management.

I've suggested before that he doesn't appear to be a particularly popular squad member, especially now some of his chums have moved on. I fully expect him to move on in the summer.

I continue to find your posts condescending. 'You've suggested' that he doesn't appear to be a particuarly popular squad member - and you base this one what? So you actually know this? or, go on, admit it, it's just something you've made up and thought you would share it with us?

Granty was hugely missed on Saturday - dropping possibly the best midfielder at the club was a mistake, but only in my opinion of course.

I continue to find your posts condescending. 'You've suggested' that he doesn't appear to be a particuarly popular squad member - and you base this one what? So you actually know this? or, go on, admit it, it's just something you've made up and thought you would share it with us?

Granty was hugely missed on Saturday - dropping possibly the best midfielder at the club was a mistake, but only in my opinion of course.

I suggested it as in put forward as a possibility. It's my interpretation, that's all.

I suggested it as in put forward as a possibility. It's my interpretation, that's all.

Sorry Yorkishire, but you've suggested it and suggested it before as well. If you don't know it for fact then it is unfair on the player to make such suggestions.

Ripping our players seems to be a favourite past time of many posters on here - something in my opinion that is both uncalled for and unwanted. We can all 'mark' the players for their performances etc, what we cannot do is 'mark' the players because of things that we think may or may not be a possibility.

You have marked Anthony Grant as an unpopular squad member - uncalled for and unwanted - unless you wish to enlighten us more?

Back