• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

id take him back with open arms one of a few recent players to leave with with dignity plus seen him at RH loads watching our games

I can't find anything that says he has been released. Played 45 games this season, so only thing I can think of is his wages must be too much for them now.

100% agree. Doubt he would want to come back although Sturrock not being here could work in our favour.

How? Was there a falling out between them or something as I don't remember it ever being talked about.

Granty would be a good signing,Graham Westley likes marathon training sessions ,maybe Granty will be glad to get away to a new club.

How? Was there a falling out between them or something as I don't remember it ever being talked about.
I think it was more of the fact that he was a Tilson player, and the only one really that Sturrock felt he needed to use. He was never a Sturrock type.

I think it was more of the fact that he was a Tilson player, and the only one really that Sturrock felt he needed to use. He was never a Sturrock type.

I've never gotten this myth that Sturrock didn't like any of the players Tilson signed. There were only 3 when he joined, Grant, Spencer and Paterson. Spencer and Paterson were awful if I'm honest and Grant played 91 games over 2 seasons. If anything, Sturrock added to Grant's game by letting him drive forward and score goals.

Sturrock rated Grant, hence why he played him. As chapperz says, I've never really understood this myth either. Apart from Grant they were all bad.

I've never gotten this myth that Sturrock didn't like any of the players Tilson signed. There were only 3 when he joined, Grant, Spencer and Paterson. Spencer and Paterson were awful if I'm honest and Grant played 91 games over 2 seasons. If anything, Sturrock added to Grant's game by letting him drive forward and score goals.

Definitely, Grant even said as much a few games into Sturrock's first season. He looked like a new man when he was given that more attacking role.

I was a big Grant fan and he's someone we only replaced when Mkandawire came in.

Indeed. Sturrock liked Grant because he played him a lot. The 'Tilson player' 'Sturrock player' thing is a myth. Some managers will purposely sideline a player just to impose themselves in the dressing room, a cheap tactic. I strongly doubt that Sturrock ever did that, although he maybe did have his favourites.

I agree with Chapperz in that I think Grant improved a lot under Sturrock. I'd have him back in a second.

Grant's departure owed a considerable amount to our loss of momentum this season. I couldn't abide that "Tilly Player" nonsense when it was most prevalent, and it's staggering that anyone could still buy into it. Sturrock kept Grant around because he was the only one worth keeping around. The others were, to a man, toilet.

PB - You want to show how serious you are about the job you've taken on? Well, here's a way to start. Do everything in your power to get Granty back at The Hall. Talented, loyal, a ball winner in every sense of the word and a great guy to boot (even if his Tweets get on my pip)

Back