• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anthony Grant

Agree, what a fantastic squad player he would have made. Can play in about 8 positions + never let us down.

He has handed in a transfer request at Port Vale.

Wasn't the Chairman of Punt Vole on the BBC saying that now that he has signed 27 new players he is hoping for a top 3 position?

Perhaps Granty has had his nose put out my the new players ............ or has another offer in his pocket that he wants to pursue.

Would love Grant back. And imagine the amount of free kicks we would get with him and Lenny in midfield!!

Yeah, I would also be happy to have him back playing in our colours again.

Just checked the Vale forum, they are gutted, thought a lot of him, considered to be their best player, and was awarded player of the year last season.

I've always loved Grant and always had an abundance of respect for him, after staying with us when we got relegated to league two.

Wouldn't mind him back, but at the same time think it's the last position we should be prioritising. We have enough central midfielders really.

if he is better than what we already have why would we not want to sign him and try and offload someone else ? Port vale player of the season (depsite getting banned for 5 matches for 15 yellows ) - but not good enough for us - I dont think so

Like others, I have a massive amount of respect for him for staying here when he clearly could have gone to club playing ing in the 1st division or championship. I can't see people talking about Jack Payne in 4 years time with the same about of love as Anthony Grant is getting.

If he is better than what we already have why would we not want to sign him and try and offload someone else ? Port vale player of the season (despite getting banned for 5 matches for 15 yellows ) - but not good enough for us - I don't think so.

Like others, I have a massive amount of respect for him for staying here when he clearly could have gone to club playing in the 1st division or championship. I can't see people talking about Jack Payne in 4 years time with the same about of love as Anthony Grant is getting.

We have lost Deegs (central midfielder). Have we replaced him with anyone comparable? Or were we already "over-weight" in that area?

Back