• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anthony Grant

We have lost Deegs (central midfielder). Have we replaced him with anyone comparable? Or were we already "over-weight" in that area?

We have lenny and woody as our first choice pairing. Timlin is 3rd and atko 4th with bridge 5th choice.

TBH with wordsworth and now timlin injured I wouldn't be surprised if we signed one more.

Unfortunately grant is worth money and port vale want 150k+ for him which we wont pay.

We have lenny and woody as our first choice pairing. Timlin is 3rd and atko 4th with bridge 5th choice.

TBH with wordsworth and now timlin injured I wouldn't be surprised if we signed one more.

Unfortunately grant is worth money and port vale want 150k+ for him which we wont pay.

Rightly or wrongly I think Atkinson is higher in the pecking order. He is a managers dream...super fit, never injured and gives 100% in an unspectacular way. Wordsworth is a class act but doesn't work for the team. Timlin never gets through a whole season but is the perfect balance of steel and playmaker.

Granty is quality. He once played centre back when we had an injury crisis and he was immense, even though he was quite short, he read the game so well. As I recall we won the game against Bristol Rovers.

I'd have him back in an instant!

Granty is quality. He once played centre back when we had an injury crisis and he was immense, even though he was quite short, he read the game so well. As I recall we won the game against Bristol Rovers.

I'd have him back in an instant!
so would I, but not at £150k:unsure:

Grant > Atkinson, Atkinson is one of two fully fit CMs at the club, therefore, Grant would come in and presumably and rightly walk into the team. Bring him back! :Worthy::Worthy::Worthy:

Grant > Atkinson, Atkinson is one of two fully fit CMs at the club, therefore, Grant would come in and presumably and rightly walk into the team. Bring him back! :Worthy::Worthy::Worthy:

If I was Ron and had £15,000 burning a hole in my pocket then I would be very tempted ...........

He's been playing in Port Vale's friendlies so unless someone stumps up the money for him, can't see him going anywhere.

Grant showed in his time here that he will honour a contract. Despite handing in a transfer request at Vale I don't he's the sort of guy to chuck his dummy out and will get on with his job professionally

Been given an extra five games to his ban and a £2,000 fine after he went back on to the pitch at the final whistle to argue with the referee after being sent off on Saturday.

I remember him scoring at the South goal after a whack on the head. He said he couldn't remember a thing about it.

Been given an extra five games to his ban and a £2,000 fine after he went back on to the pitch at the final whistle to argue with the referee after being sent off on Saturday.

Cue quotes from Life of Brian ................ "he's a very naughty boy .............."

Apparently he only wanted his shirt back

I've just seen the footage on Sky Sports. His entire team had to stop him getting at the ref after the game!

I've just seen the footage on Sky Sports. His entire team had to stop him getting at the ref after the game!

Shades of Bilel then!
Is he hoping for a contract north of the Border - Rangers could do with him as a replacement for Barton.

Back