• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anthony Grant

When he turned his body to shield the ball and drew a clear foul I had a strange sensation of deja vu!

When he turned his body to shield the ball and drew a clear foul I had a strange sensation of deja vu!
I couldn't imagine why ;). Did he have the ball in his hands before he even hit the deck as well?

But decent player who stood by us even when he was the only player in the team!!! Always put in a decent performance as well.

I was also at the shrewsbury
He certainly bossed the mid field for them something we missed

I was also at the Shrewsbury game. Looked like he wanted it more than any of our midfield.
Do accept that Mantom looked like he is carrying a injury though, but Granty was head and shoulders above any of our midfield. Yes would have him back tomorrow!!

How strange. Surely if it is due to a falling out with another first team member that would have to be resolved if they are both to be a part of the squad.

Can’t believe he is only 32 feels like he’s been around forever.

We have no idea why Shrewsbury have banished him, it must have been quite serious for that to happen. Would I want him back? I;m really not sure. On reflection our success rate of taking back Southend old boys in their 30s has been appalling and maybe we should learn our lesson and just move on. Not that there is any sort of rumour that we are interested anyway.

Apparently he didn't know his contract had been extended after playing a certain number of games for Shrewsbury. He went away and signed for another club only to then learn in all the paperwork etc... that the club he wanted to sign for would have to pay a fee for him, they cut off the deal and he returned to very unhappy Shrewsbury.
I would have thought his time there is over now as they wouldn't be willing to pay his wages just training with the youths. Expect to see him on the transfer list by the end of the week.

Apparently he didn't know his contract had been extended after playing a certain number of games for Shrewsbury. He went away and signed for another club only to then learn in all the paperwork etc... that the club he wanted to sign for would have to pay a fee for him, they cut off the deal and he returned to very unhappy Shrewsbury.
I would have thought his time there is over now as they wouldn't be willing to pay his wages just training with the youths. Expect to see him on the transfer list by the end of the week.

Thanks for the update.

The reverse Josh Wright.

Where had he signed for?
Can Shrews"sack" him for breach of contract? Why would they keep him and pay him if they won't play him unless it is to spite him and effectively kill his career as a year away from footie at his age would do?
It can't be a good thing for the squad there.
Thanks for the update/info.

Back