• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anthony Grant

What a waste, being made to train with the youth team all season and being told he won’t be part of the first team plans all of this coming season, that won’t last long as a few teams will show plenty of interest in taking him on loan or permanent move.

What a waste, being made to train with the youth team all season and being told he won’t be part of the first team plans all of this coming season, that won’t last long as a few teams will show plenty of interest in taking him on loan or permanent move.
Sounds like grounds for Constructive Dismissal to me - he needs the PFA to help him here

he's a funny one old Granty, stayed with us for quite a long time, at a time when everyone else couldn't wait to escape. But ever since seems to change clubs practically every season, and all over the country too, but always seems to do a decent job. I was at the Shrewsbury game at RH and was wishing he was back with us he was so dominant. He is one I'd have back, much as I'm not usually a fan of the returning hero..

Where had he signed for?
Can Shrews"sack" him for breach of contract? Why would they keep him and pay him if they won't play him unless it is to spite him and effectively kill his career as a year away from footie at his age would do?
It can't be a good thing for the squad there.
Thanks for the update/info.

I've no idea, was told this by a Shrewsbury fan, they didn't know. Earlier on in pre-season their fans were asking the club where he was as he hadn't been seen training or at pre-season games. At a pre-season game they asked in person and got the response, from the club, that he was having some 'intensive dental work.'
The whole thing is very bizarre. I did ask why the club he had signed for hadn't come back for him as now Shrewsbury want him gone but apparently whatever club this is are unwilling to pay anything, either he goes for free or he doesn't go there.

It looks as if Shrewsbury want a fee for him. Would you want the Club to buy him back?

Not for a fee but if he was going for free then 100% I would have him back. If he is half the player he was from his last stint here then he is already miles better than Dieng.

Not for a fee but if he was going for free then 100% I would have him back. If he is half the player he was from his last stint here then he is already miles better than Dieng.
He’s 32 now and I think we would be going backwards signing Grant. I can remember when he was younger and his main attribute was winning free kicks. I think there’s a lot of sentiment about him staying with us when many others jumped ship but he’s in the past.

I am generally NOT for the idea of old players returning, however after seeing a mish mash of midfielders struggling to exert much control in a central midfield role, (only 2 games in etc but);
Could, Would, Grantie not be a sure fired starter for us at present?
Box to box, tricks, odd goals, defends, wins multiple free kicks?

Back