• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

northlincsshrimper1

.Essex Exile⭐
Can someone please tell me what I am missing concerning the abilities of Mr Straker. He may be a nice chappie but I am only interested in his footballing skills. I read Mr Brown rates him and is impressed with his performances. However since the first time of seeing Anthony Straker on a football field I am certainly not impressed. In my humble opinion the man cannot defend, cannot head a ball with any success, lacks the confidence to take on any opponent with the ball in order to use his supposed speed, very poor at crossing the ball and finally has a very poor scoring ratio. He is a weak link in any formation the Manager puts out yet gains preference over other possible alternatives. Is it a case of teachers pet, favouritism or am I blind to qualities in Mr Straker?:unsure:

I like him, but he's hugely inconsistent. First three games of the season he was great, but then appeared to take a few steps back once the results stopped coming. He's very quick and carries the ball well, regrettably without having a good final ball but I'm sure this is being worked on. We don't have a line of pacey left footed wingers queing up to steal his place which is probably why Brown has persevered with him in the team and always looks to try and build his confidence up. I think unfortunately his performances at left back has led many fans to form strong opinions on him, but if he had joined this season as a left winger, I honestly don't think he'd get quite so much stick.

Annoying, but that's just the way it goes I spose.

His positioning as a full back is poor, which I guess is why he was pushed up further forward. Thing is, when he plays left wing he never stays there either, and when he has the ball he always looks to go inside. At Wycombe Ben Coker was busting a gut on the overlap, and soon got fed up with Straker not finding him once. Strange thing is, when he was moved to left back last Friday when Phillips has to go off, he started bombing down the left from full back, which he did a few times last season. Why doesnt he do that from left wing?

im with pb on this player though not to the extent of him been the new bale he has pace to burn he keeps going and he trys his best and that's all u can ask of any player I do wish he would keep his head up on the pass though

Straker is decent. Some good games and bad like every player thats it.

Every team needs a scapegoat but I can see potential in him.Fans need to stop slagging him off imo

Back